Notices

Fuel pressure release

Old 06-30-2008, 11:47 AM
yigyyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure release

Hi, I was wondering if it would not be too much trouble for some one grab their digi cam and run outside real quick and snap a shot, or even draw a diagram of where the pressure release screw is on my 95 accord 2.7L so I can take my fuel filter off. thanks!!! people are saying its on the fuel rail.. like I know where the filter is and all.. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm slow!
Old 06-30-2008, 08:31 PM
yigyyo

ok,t his is like my third post with no reply, am I invisible? someone reply even if you dont know the answer so I know you can see this!
Old 06-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take off your fuel cap, pull the fuse for your fuel pump and run the car till it is dead. Their is no fuel pressure test port............
Old 07-02-2008, 07:43 AM
yigyyo

Thanks man, on my out to tackle it now.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:43 AM
yigyyo

well, got it off, popped the new one on.. now there is a leak coming from the feed. (bottom of filter) its on tight.. Should I put some of that white tape on there maybe? this is a pain in the ass.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:15 AM
yigyyo

Meh, I tried the white tape, seems to be leakless for now.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:42 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

i assume you mean teflon tape. Generally i'll take off the gas cap, negative off the battery post, and then unloosen the bolt that holds the fitting to the fuel rail just enough to let gas come out. Not the brightest idea since your letting gas come out but if you don't know where the fuse it go for that second. But its not hard to do what was already said.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:40 PM
yigyyo

I disconnected the fuse (if thats what your speaking about) But when I disconnected the fuse for the fuel pump, the car wouldn't start. However, I only had like 5 bucks worth of gas in the tank so there was not much fuel pressure anyway. I popped the new fuel filter on and it did leak from the bottom, but what I assume happened was = there was some metal deformation from all the play, and cause the fuel to leak down the threads, I white tapped (tefloned) whatever its called the threads and the put some one the bolt (between the bolt and the flare on the feed pipe) and it seems to be leakless so far. It should have been an easy job.. But I can see why so many people have had frustrations with it. You just need that first time experience with it in order to know what the hell is going on. Im glad I tried it my self instead of bringing it to a shop. I suggest anyone try it first so you know how to do it in the future. Or even to pass the knowledge on to someone else. PS, I did the operation from the top. not under the car.. You dont really need a crows foot. just the right size wrench and the confidence. Good luck to future viewers.

Last edited by yigyyo; 07-04-2008 at 10:46 PM.