Notices

HELP! Girl + mechanical work = ....

Old 06-25-2008, 06:59 PM
honda_girl74136

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Girl + mechanical work = ....

well we won't go there. lol

Anybody who can help me out here would be greatly appreciated. I asked a guy to hook up the trailer brake lights and hitch for me on my new trailer for my 2005 Honda Acura MDX. He wants $150! Now I know it don't it don't cost THAT much to hook up one of these thingies. And just cause I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm too stupid to know when I'm being scammed. I need a simple way to get this done. Not too mention a cheap way. My husband just went in for surgery I don't have the money for that crap! I want to surprise him when he gets home and have it all done and ready for him since our annivary is next week. And we've been planning a trip for a long time. But I'm getting off subject...I just bought a four way trailer wiring connection kit model 96658. It was cheap and I hope it works. Help? please?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:39 PM
TooMuchActions

well, today i'd some calling around(20+ places) the area where i am living(los angeles area) for a trailer hitches install + electrical wiring for a 2004 acura mdx(per friend). no quotes I'd got come close to your $150. lowest I'd got was $255 and highest was $585. No, you are not stupid and I don't think you are being scammed for the price($150). just because you are a "girl". as a matter of fact, I think you've good deal for the part + labor install.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Tedmond

wow that is some pricey hookup. if you got the harness and willing to get your hands dirty, you can wire that up in an hour easily. however the hitch itself, i suggest you have a shop do that for sure. all the wires you need are located in the truck at the lights. You must test for the wires that will be needed such as reverse, brake and signals. you test with a DMM or digital volt meter set at 20volts DC. connect black to the metal body of the car and take the red and test away. Its easy to a pro installer POV but 150 is not bad actaully.