Notices

Wheel Spacers?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:50 PM
PION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers?

I recently dropped my car on stock rims..and i hate how the rear tires are tucked in under the body of the car. I was thinking about putting on some wheel spacers.....but have no idea what size (mm) or if it will mess up the offset. Are wheel spacers safe? any information would be helpful.....thanks

P.S. 02 Honda Accord (coupe)
Old 06-13-2008, 07:59 AM
flyromeo3

Usually to compensate for that people put bigger rims on their cars.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:59 AM
AccordVT
Ian

Yes generally a wheel with a different offset will correct that but Eibach and H&R make some very strong wheel spacers. For most cars they offer a 15mm about .59inches and a 25mm about 0.98inches but it really depends on your bolt pattern and car. I have the H&R 15mm spacers on the front of my Accord to clear my calipers. Some spacers require the installation of new and longer wheel studs, others are spacers with studs installed that bolt over your existing. Yes wheel spacers are safe as long as they are quality made (name brand) and are properly installed. Use a flat edge and lay it vertically against your rear tire's sidewall>stick the straightedge up into the wheel well and measure the distance from the straightedge to the inner part of the wheel well. Buy spacers that will move your wheel and tire no closer than I'd say 2cm from your wheel well edge. You don't want the tire rubbing under compression.