Notices

enable on steering wheel

Old 06-11-2008, 10:48 AM
bkloft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default enable on steering wheel

Has anyone found out how to disable this? I actually have the opposite problem! I had them disable this at the dealership and now want them to ENABLE it, as I was not there when they did it. Of course they do not know how to change it now and want to run diags on the car at $125 per hour!!!

Any help is appreciated!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are you talking about?
Old 06-11-2008, 05:45 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

No one can help you if we don't know what "this" is...

Cruise control?
Stereo controls?
Bluetooth?

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:00 PM
bkloft

guess I was a bit vague on the issue... OK here goes. Awhile ago I was tired of having to go through the XM bands on the wheel with the mode button on the steering wheel to access the other bands (AM/FM), since I was not subscribed to XM radio. This is on my 04 Accord Coupe. So about a year ago I went to the dealership and asked about it and someone there knew how to disable it from the radio. GREAT!!

Now I want to have XM radio now that I am not travelling, and NOBODY knows how to turn it back on!! I know that it was done from the front of the radio from some hidden menu. I know it took the guy about 2 minutes to turn it off.

Looking to find out if anybody knows how to access this service menu to turn XM back on my radio. Someone has to know... HELP!!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:52 PM
IkeRay
Aka #5

Originally Posted by see link below
Pull open the right side trunk lining. Tucked back in there a little ways is a gray metal box with two cable harnesses going into it. One is the antenna (smaller), the other is the power, audio, and control for the XM receiver (bigger). Just take off the bigger connector. When you turn your radio back on, it won't see the XM, and should just skip past it. (That's what I recall it doing when I was messing around with adding a line-in connector.)
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31830

maybe that is what he did, check to see if the connector is there or not.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:24 PM
bkloft

checked the connections to the box in the trunk and all is connected. As I remember he did some magic from the front of the radio....

I have found out how to turn off/on the radio display, and get into diag mode. Diag mode only lets you see if any of the front panel LEDS are out. Both are nice to know but useless to me and most other people.

The search continues.....I am so ticked off that I ever did this

Last edited by bkloft; 06-14-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:35 PM
IkeRay
Aka #5

maybe you can try to simply unplug it and start the car, then turn it off, replug it in, and start it, see if that makes it come back. also, have you tried holding buttons to enter "secret" menus.

sorry, my search is limited to the internet, and I have yet to come across anything other than what I posted...
Old 06-15-2008, 09:11 AM
bkloft

I have not done more extensive testing to see if I can get into the service menu. If I remember right... There was a sequence of holding buttons and shutting off the car then different buttons then start the car. Not something you are likely to stumble onto....

I do have a person at the dealership (very teckie guy), and he is going to call Honda and maybe get ahold of some service personnel that work on those radios. I have my fingers crossed.. as it might be my last option...
Old 06-30-2008, 08:54 AM
bkloft

Default Radio Access...

Does anybody know of a source (diagrams) for exploded views I can use to gain access to the rear of the radio? It seems that the dealer consensus is the XM cables was disconnected at the rear of the radio. Need to know how to get back there the easiest way.

Any help is appreciated!