Notices

Has anyone replaced their 6 disc cd player with an OEM NAVI??

Old 05-16-2008, 09:32 PM
wodymang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone replaced their 6 disc cd player with an OEM NAVI??

i was thinking about getting an accord 03 OEM navigation to replace my existing stock cd player. Is there anything I need if I purchase a used OEM navigation for my accord. Or does it need anything special?
Old 05-17-2008, 01:08 AM
phongie

I would like to know this as well, seems interesting and if can be done cheaply I may do this, tired of using my 3.5" gps system, its hard to see.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Tedmond

not something you want to tackle by yourself. its a pain in the ass to do. Trust me, i have done it for customers and its not the easiest job. you gotta run wires to the back of your cluster for vss wire etc. you will end up spending more than you would if you got an aftermarket navi and dvd + dash kit and harness.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:19 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've done a few it requires either replaceing the body harness or stripping the NAVI wiring out of the doner harness , also have to replace the clockspring and add the button for the voice or replace the steering wheel with the voice button and the overhead mic for the voice commands , and you have to tap into the can bus for the Vss and other statis needed it's going to run at lest $1,000-$1,500 for parts and another $300-$500 for someone to do the job... and if you want to be able to watch dvd's or TV on the navi screen that will run another $250-$500.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:07 AM
phongie

ahh thanks guys, what about aftermarket Navigation systems? How much do those typically cost? Do I have choice of gps chips as well? I would prefer a navigation with the SiRF III series chip. Have it in my handheld gps unit and its great, fast signal and good distance.