94 Accord EX Help on key fob programming
Hello, I'm new to the forum and wondering if anyone can help me with dilema.
I purchase a remote fob for my EX but can't seem to program the remote
I've done everything but unsure of the some of the direction. I higlighted them in RED
What does power door locks cycle to confirm if your in programming mode?
How can i find out if my vehicle IS equip with the keyless entry.
using this technic.
1994-97 Accord 5-door EX with factory-installed keyless entry system
1995-98 Odyssey EX with factory-installed keyless entry system
Programming the Transmitter
^ The system accepts up to two transmitters.
^ Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.
1. Open the driver's door.
2. Push the driver's power door lock switch to the unlock position and hold it. (Continue to hold the switch during this procedure.)
3. Insert the key into the ignition switch, then remove it. Repeat this four more times (five times total) within 10 seconds. (You must complete steps 3 and 4 within 10 seconds or the system will exit the programming mode.)
4. Insert the key into the ignition switch. After you insert the key, make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in the programming mode.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
5. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the transmitter. All the power door locks (except the driver's door) should cycle to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter's code.
6. To program a second transmitter, press its "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button within 10 seconds of programming the first transmitter.
7. Release the master power door lock switch to exit the programming mode.
I recently had some work done on my 94 Accord EX by a non-Honda mechanic - replacing the ignition module. Upon completion my keyless entry didn't work. Used the process suggested - probably the one you tried...had some of the same questions.
Our accord has the alarm in addition to the keyless entry. At the edge of the bottom of the dashboard - just to the left of the steering column ours has a small black springloaded button. Depressing this button normally disarms the alarm. After trying the process suggested previously to no avail, I ended up holding down on this button and pressing the lock buttons on my two remotes. Both are now functioning and the alarm and keyless entry are working again.
Thank you For response. I'm Glad you go yours fix. Unfortunately i looked for the springloaded on mine but i could not find any.
Originally Posted by French
Thank you i guess i'll return their product.
Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-acura.net content, comments, or advertising. Honda-acura.net is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-acura.net in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.