Notices

Honda extrended warranty for transmission problem??

Old 08-05-2007, 10:21 AM
FLEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda extrended warranty for transmission problem??

IM surprised there is not sticky thread here on it. Are most of you aware about the extemded warranty up to 110K miles I believe on Honda Transmissions? I have a 2000 Accord, and its been acting weird when I acclerate fast from a stop- when it up shifts to second it shifts hard.. or if it down shifts its really ugly..

Someone at work has like a 2000 accord and her transmission started acting up- she took it in and didnt know about the warranty extension, they replaced it for free...

When i called them and told them about the issues i was having, they asked if the check engine light was on- and its not..so they didnt sound like "bring it in "...

Im not sure if i should or not..they might jsut blow it off and charge me $50 just for looking at it..
Old 08-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 00-01 warranty extension has been in effect for a few now h:
Old 08-06-2007, 09:58 AM
foot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The warranty extension for affected vehicles is 109,000 miles or 7 years 9 months. Contact your local dealer to see if your VIN falls within the affected vehicles. I have witnessed Honda of America "goodwill" transmissions well beyond the mileage, however. The amount of help you recieve depends greatly on your relationship with your dealership. Meaning, how much money you have spent on your car there and if you have records there of servicing your transmission regularly.