Notices

adjusting engagement point?

Old 07-29-2007, 12:57 AM
coverboy12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjusting engagement point?

iv got a 98 accord sedan that ive just got, the engagement point of the clutch is fairly high on the pedal and with previous cars ive had them lower to the ground. so is there a way to change the pedal position so that the clutch engages when the pedal is lower to the ground?

anyone know or know where i can find out?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:18 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it's possible, but it's not a simple or worthwhile adjustment. Most Hondas are the same way. You'll get used to it in time, it allows for quicker shifts.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:38 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
Yes, it's possible, but it's not a simple or worthwhile adjustment. Most Hondas are the same way. You'll get used to it in time, it allows for quicker shifts.
even on a hydraulic system? i thought the only thing one can adjust is the free play which will get you an engagement point but wont allow you to directly adjust it.

for example... you can adjust it so that you have about half a stroke of free play and the clutch will disengage at the bottom but you may have engagement problems.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:12 PM
coverboy12

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
mind if you can enlighten me a little bit on the procedure?
reason being i might be changing the clutch out soon so im wondering if i can do that while im under it, hit 2 birds with one stone so to speak
Old 07-30-2007, 06:21 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wedley2
even on a hydraulic system? i thought the only thing one can adjust is the free play which will get you an engagement point but wont allow you to directly adjust it.

for example... you can adjust it so that you have about half a stroke of free play and the clutch will disengage at the bottom but you may have engagement problems.
Exactly. What I'm talking about it making changes in the hydraulic system itself Like I said, not simple or worthwhile.