Notices

How to get ECU codes

Old 04-18-2004, 07:48 AM
Illicit Accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get ECU codes

Just wondering.... is there like a certian way to hook up a car to a laptop (with some software downloaded and with the right hook up cables) and get some ECU faults if there were any out of the laptop?? i have a buddy who can do it with his Vette, he just got the cable and downloaded the software to his laptop, and was set to go.... is this possible for the accords?? and if so how?
Old 04-18-2004, 07:58 AM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

What are you looking @ doing? Are you trying to pull codes from your check engine light being on? I have a haynes manual and it has the codes in it, along with a do it your self test where you use a paper clip and count the flashes. Now if your talking about something else then its prob AEM---> aem ecm management
Old 04-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Illicit Accord

i think that the AEM ECM managment system is what i'm looking for, what kinda codes does it pull?? just the same kinda codes you would get by self checking the car??
Old 04-18-2004, 08:14 AM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

Diagnostic codes
Old 04-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Illicit Accord

right on, maybe i should pick up one of those haynes manuals first
Old 04-18-2004, 08:16 AM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

Yea its well worth your $ man. I comes in handy for every situation
Old 04-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Josh M

You can get cheap diagnostic tools at places like Checker or Advanced for around 80 bucks. There are ones like the Snap-on brick and the genesis that are around 3000 a piece. There is a program, which name illudes me at the moment but you can buy it online and they send you adapters so you can hook your laptop up to your car and pull codes that way, another nice feature of it is that you can just download updates whereas with the brick or genesis you have to get new cartridges. I'll post the name of the program if I can remember it
Old 02-21-2005, 05:15 AM
highstick

wesside....80mph in a school zone.....not very smart.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:38 AM
wesside
2005 Evo Rs @24psi

Originally Posted by highstick
wesside....80mph in a school zone.....not very smart.
o Yeah umm well it was sunday and I only had the h22a for alittle so I guess I just didnt see the sign when I flew by it hnoes:
Old 09-16-2006, 04:27 AM
WMX267

Originally Posted by xsentrixsupra
You can get cheap diagnostic tools at places like Checker or Advanced for around 80 bucks. There are ones like the Snap-on brick and the genesis that are around 3000 a piece. There is a program, which name illudes me at the moment but you can buy it online and they send you adapters so you can hook your laptop up to your car and pull codes that way, another nice feature of it is that you can just download updates whereas with the brick or genesis you have to get new cartridges. I'll post the name of the program if I can remember it
i am also interested about the program that you mentioned, does it only serve to read trouble codes (those are scan tools right?), or would you also be able to make adjustments in fuel delivery, ignition timing, airflow, etc. using it? is that the reprogramming tool? what's it called?

i also have a copy of haynes repair manual. it's really really really helpful! everything from wiring diagrams, to manual sensor checks and engine specifications are included.

Quick Reply: How to get ECU codes