Notices

97 Honda Accord Wiring Diagram

Old 06-19-2006, 04:43 PM
tallysensation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Honda Accord Wiring Diagram

My AC is not working and I need to get it fixed FAST since I am in FL. Could you provide me with a wiring diagram for a 97 Honda Accord? It stopped working after my wiring harness dropped. I got that fixed and it's still not working due to the fact that there is now no power going to the compressor. Please help. Much appreciated!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:35 AM
edro13

After your wiring harness dropped?

My AC isn't working either and it is fully charged.

My wiring harness under my front right wheel well fell out after I hit a tire retread on the highway. It completely ripped the harness in half. I resoldered everything and got it re-wrapped.

I wonder if that has anything to do with my AC? I doubt it.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Illicit Accord

Originally Posted by tallysensation
My AC is not working and I need to get it fixed FAST since I am in FL. Could you provide me with a wiring diagram for a 97 Honda Accord? It stopped working after my wiring harness dropped. I got that fixed and it's still not working due to the fact that there is now no power going to the compressor. Please help. Much appreciated!!!

get a chiltons book or something
Old 07-17-2006, 08:05 AM
headaix

Default 1997 honda dx wiring harness

Originally Posted by edro13
After your wiring harness dropped?

My AC isn't working either and it is fully charged.

My wiring harness under my front right wheel well fell out after I hit a tire retread on the highway. It completely ripped the harness in half. I resoldered everything and got it re-wrapped.

I wonder if that has anything to do with my AC? I doubt it.
edro - the EXACT SAME THING happened to me a week ago. something ripped the RF wheel well plastic out and the harness sat on top of the tire for 20 miles, wearing off the plastic on the wires.

while i was driving the wires started shorting. no fuses blew though. the a/c would not turn off, even with the switch, so it was obviously shorting via the wires. the wires did not seem to break. when i got home, i taped them and suspended the group back in position.

now the a/c isn't working. does something very strange. doesn't work at all except for twice when i came to a stoplight. then i heard the compressor kick in and start cooling. but only for about 30 seconds. then it kicks off.

why would stopping trigger it? my first guess is a break in the wiring, that remakes contact somehow slightly when i stop.

anyone know how the a/c works? what i mean is that i assume the a/c switch on the dash triggers a relay somewhere. and the compressor must be regulated by temp or pressure. there's a solenoid that kicks the compressor in and out.

my second guess is the relay / solenoid is flaky due to being shorted, probably in and out continuously for the 20 minute drive.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:52 AM
headaix

Originally Posted by headaix
edro - the EXACT SAME THING happened to me a week ago. something ripped the RF wheel well plastic out and the harness sat on top of the tire for 20 miles, wearing off the plastic on the wires.

while i was driving the wires started shorting. no fuses blew though. the a/c would not turn off, even with the switch, so it was obviously shorting via the wires. the wires did not seem to break. when i got home, i taped them and suspended the group back in position.

now the a/c isn't working. does something very strange. doesn't work at all except for twice when i came to a stoplight. then i heard the compressor kick in and start cooling. but only for about 30 seconds. then it kicks off.

why would stopping trigger it? my first guess is a break in the wiring, that remakes contact somehow slightly when i stop.

anyone know how the a/c works? what i mean is that i assume the a/c switch on the dash triggers a relay somewhere. and the compressor must be regulated by temp or pressure. there's a solenoid that kicks the compressor in and out.

my second guess is the relay / solenoid is flaky due to being shorted, probably in and out continuously for the 20 minute drive.
i found the shop manual online and started looking through the troubleshooting diagrams. looks like i missed some interior fuses and relays. so i'll check those first. sounds like it might be the compressor relay or possibly a fuse. will advise if i solve it.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:39 AM
edro13

I got the service manual as well.

I got all the way through the flow chart except for the Condenser Fan Motor. I show 13-14VDC on the harness going into the Condener Fan Motor, but the fan still does not turn on.

I took the fan out and hooked it up to a power supply, (12-15VDC) and it still doesn't turn. I can spin it with my hand, so it's no seized up, but it's not working either.

Also, I cannot remember ever seeing my compressor clutch engaging. I wonder if it will not engage because I have a high pressure on the AC system (60psi)?

Those fan motors are like $120. I think I will check at a salvage yard for one.