Notices

'98 Power Mirror Problem

Old 05-14-2006, 03:26 PM
jaero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '98 Power Mirror Problem

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with a '98 Accord LX 4 Dr. My dad hit his garage door jamb with the left side mirror, cracking the housing, though the mirror adjustment still worked. I bought a pair of aftermarket replacement mirrors (folding this time, OEMs were solid) and installed them. Initially they worked but the adjustment motors didn't move correctly in relation to the switch input. For the left mirror everything was reversed (left switch moved mirror right, right switch moved mirror left, up and down were reversed too). For the right mirror only the up and down were reversed, left and right controls worked as designed.

I was trying to use a meter to figure out the pin assignment in the 3-pin connectors where the mirrors plug into the wiring harness in the door; I am thinking I could just swap leads in the connectors to get everything to function correctly. All of the sudden everything quit working. There is no power movement for either mirror. I thought I just shorted something out and blew the fuse, but it tested good (I swapped it with another fuse of the same amperage - no change). I plugged the OEM mirrors back in and they don't work either, so the problem must be in the car not the mirrors. So here are my questions...

Is there a secondary fuse for the power mirror circuit? The one I checked was #4 in the driver's side dash fuse box.

Is there an online source for a wiring schematic for this car somewhere, or does anyone have one that they can send to me via email?

Anybody else ever have this problem; got any advice; what needs to be changed to reverse the response of the mirror motors?

Thanks for the help.
Jim