Notices

Wont Reverse....

Old 05-11-2006, 09:55 AM
kg_96accordLX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wont Reverse....

$hit iono what's wrong with but my car wont reverse.....i drove it yesterday and it was okay but dont know why this morning it wouldnt....but like when you try to put it into reverse it's hard to put in and when you try to put it back into N it'll be hard to shift out........any one know why???????
Old 05-11-2006, 12:10 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Manual I take it....Your reverse gear has no syncros. If you have trouble getting it in try putting the car in either 4th or 5th and then going into reverse. Also, if you can roll forward slightly and that works for me a lot as well. Is the vehicle stationary when this happens??
Old 05-11-2006, 01:01 PM
kg_96accordLX

well my bro in law came by to chek it out.....he said his eg did the same thing...all he did was put some more oil into the transmission....and he could throw it to reverse...but it'll stall if you let go of the clutch so now i have to hang on to the clutch and gas it....so this wkend my bro told me to bring it by his crib and he'll put some kinda of thicker oil..forgot what it was....but yea shit i was fuking scared a$$ hell though...thought the clutch or tranny wasn't working any more n $hit....
Old 05-12-2006, 08:03 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Now its starting to sound like your clutch is dragging. It's hard to understand your description...

Bleed your clutch. If this isn't about your 96 Accord (username...), then tell us what model & year.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:07 PM
kg_96accordLX

that the car i have......a 96' accord LX 4 dr...