Thread: Power Window Problem

Power Window Problem

Hey Everyone..

Alright, so I have power windows, but only the driver side works -- but whenever it goes up or down, it seems like it is having trouble. I checked the fuses and power window relay, and those are all fine.. someone at Advance Auto said that his guess without looking at it would be that the window motors are shot.
    Does anyone else have an opinion? I want to get these fixed but I'd like to be able to tell the person what is wrong with it so that I don't have to pay them for diagnosing the problem.. thanks!!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the vehicle is a 1996 Honda Accord LX

Is it struggling because its stuck or is it struggling due to lack of power?

Probably is the motor starting to go bad or maybe something just needs some lithium grease...
    1995 Honda Accord EX-L 4cyl 4dr
    300K+ and going...

A testiment to Honda and routine maintenance...

F22B Prelude // Seems to me that it is because of lack of power.

jobrien // Then would that mean that the motors for the other 3 windows are dead?

Quote Originally Posted by theunforgivenii
    F22B Prelude // Seems to me that it is because of lack of power.

jobrien // Then would that mean that the motors for the other 3 windows are dead?
    Check the fuse....i think there might be a relay too...I didnt know it was a Sedan?

This is a problem that has, or will plague all g5 accords at some point or another. My windows have been slow moving for years now, luckily for me it rains 90% of the time in Portland, so they dont go down much.

I've heard it has something to do with bad parts decision on Honda's end, but I dont think there is really much to do to solve it other than to replace the window motor.

I have noticed that with my windows, that they seem to go up unevenly, and if I put my finger on the top of the higher end and level it out by pushing down, it seems go to up easier.

Im sure that if you do a forum search, that you will find many more threads that deal with this same problem.

[scott]

Quote Originally Posted by F22B Prelude
    Check the fuse....i think there might be a relay too...I didnt know it was a Sedan?
    In my original post I had stated that I checked the fuses and relay, which are all fine.. actually I put a new relay in.. waste of $30..

Quote Originally Posted by OSU Samurai
    I've heard it has something to do with bad parts decision on Honda's end, but I dont think there is really much to do to solve it other than to replace the window motor.
    Do you know how much window motors generally cost? and will I need to get all of them replaced then? .. it's just turned spring here and the nicer weather is starting to show, so I've had my window down, I'd at least like the passenger side to work, I dont care if the back windows work, hardly anyone sits back there and I don't like my other Accords back windows down.. just looks silly.

68 bucks with a $40 core charge at Autozone...thats just for the passenger side

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura