Notices

Experience with salvaged SRS parts?

Old 12-28-2005, 05:22 PM
LouNC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with salvaged SRS parts?

I just finished up the bodywork on my '95 Accord EX V6 which my daughter crashed several weeks ago. It was a relatively low-speed accident, but the SRS system fired and both airbags went off.

I've located several sources for salvaged airbags and controller, but I'm looking for references for places that folks may have had good luck with in the past.

Thanks,
Lou
Old 12-28-2005, 05:38 PM
lowelcam96

Keep in mind, that thousand of car parts recovered from Hurricane Katrina are being sold over the internet. Good luck
Old 12-28-2005, 05:45 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in a similar situation. I wrecked my '94 Accord LX a couple weeks ago and both airbags deployed. I really want to fix the car but I am kinda leary about how much the airbags and related items will be...Do shops charge a lot to put those parts in for you? And do they have to order them themselves or can I just bring in the stuff I buy myself and have them install it?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:54 PM
LouNC

Originally Posted by lowelcam96
Keep in mind, that thousand of car parts recovered from Hurricane Katrina are being sold over the internet. Good luck
Thanks for the heads-up re:Katrina salvage. I'll be sure to ask about the origin of the parts. That's one of the reasons I'm asking for references of reputable salvage operators.

Thanks,
Lou
Old 12-28-2005, 06:58 PM
LouNC

Originally Posted by red94teg
I am in a similar situation. I wrecked my '94 Accord LX a couple weeks ago and both airbags deployed. I really want to fix the car but I am kinda leary about how much the airbags and related items will be...Do shops charge a lot to put those parts in for you? And do they have to order them themselves or can I just bring in the stuff I buy myself and have them install it?
I've found one website http://www.airbagcenter.com/ that seems to have reasonable prices - but I'm really looking for a reference before I actually buy from them.

Regarding having a shop install salvaged parts, I plan to do it myself. I'm not sure you'll be able to get a shop to install SRS parts that you purchase and turn over to them - they may be concerned with the potential for liability issues. It's certainly worth making a few calls, though. Please post your findings, I would appreciate hearing any info on the subject.

Thanks,
Lou
Old 12-28-2005, 10:54 PM
stereo

good luck finding the airbag controller for that 95 v6 because there are not too many 95 V6 accords out there and none of the other accords will interchange with it the bags are easy to get as 94-95 4 or 6 cyl. will work the 96-97 have diffrent plugs so it would have to be swaped out also they cost more then the 94-95 ones .
Old 12-30-2005, 04:48 PM
mrherrera

EBAY is the best way,i bought both airbags and controller for a 97 accord for less than $200.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:37 AM
georgie

i have used bags but a NEW SRS module. I wouldnt get a used one bc you dont know when they could fire if it is used.