Notices

DIY aluminum bezel?

Old 12-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Pepe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY aluminum bezel?

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to remove the stock bezel for a DIY aluminum bezel? I assume once you remove it, you just spray paint it and then put it back? anything i'm missing or important i should know? thanks in advance for the help.

cheers,
pepe
Old 12-28-2005, 06:29 AM
jschmid

Are you talking about the gauge bezel? I think they have aluminum ones you can buy now. About 4 years ago they didn't have them, and I painted mine silver, I think it turned out good, gives a bit more contrast to the interior.

Mine:
Old 12-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Pepe

Yeah actually I saw yours jschmid in a search and was actually referring to yours when I said DIY gauge bezel. I like that look over buying an additional aluminum bezel and placing it over the stock bezel. I was just wondering is there anything I should know about removing the bezel? any little tabs or whatever that I might snap? And what paint did you use? thanks for the help btw.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:19 PM
TypeG

they are like $10 on ebay. later.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:29 PM
jschmid

Once you get going on it, you'll see what clips are there and what needs to be done. Start by removing the two screws under the dash inside the instrument cluster area. Lay a towel or cloth down over the plastic peice that covers the steering column, the guage cluster will likely scratch it if not. After you remove the two screws you can start wiggling it out, you'll need to remove the clear plastic cover and go from there. Just take your time and don't force anything, good luck.