Notices

F22a1 rebuild...

Old 12-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Ugotschooledbya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F22a1 rebuild...

Got a few minor questions before I go thru with this.
Are the head Studs Torque to Yeild and is there any particular way to disasemble the motor? I only ask as I am a DSMer and Now have a honda for a daily that i wish to modify now since it broke.Never messed with hondas hoever have rebuilt Countless DSM motors and done a few swaps.. jsut not sure on hondas if theres anything SPECIAL or in particular I need to know.Any help is appreciated.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Ugotschooledbya

Ok so no responses.. heres another q.. Are the stock pistons supposed to be Dished with Valve reliefs? Surely there has to be SOMEONE on here that knows something.If not thats cool.Point me in the right direction of someone thatdoes tho please.Not meaning that to sound rude or anything.. Jsut ASking for help in general.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:58 PM
97civicEXVTEC

Originally Posted by Ugotschooledbya
Surely there has to be SOMEONE on here that knows something.
not on the accord forum :chuckles: try posting in the engine tech and tuning.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:28 PM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

yes the pistons have valve relifes. and no the honda engine is not some mythical beast or odd ball engine like and Rx-7... its just a typical transverse 4-banger nothing to worry about but grab a manual for a smoother opperation

and the head bolts have a set pattern and 3 stages of tourque values and auto parts store can give you this.
btw: i just completed my full rebuild on my F22a6 and probably the most annoying things where intake manifold... cause i took it off before the head, and re-timing the engine, other than that it went well. good luck

where are you in PA im like 5 mins from jamestown/greenville area

Last edited by 93EXaccord; 12-29-2005 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Ugotschooledbya

Originally Posted by 93EXaccord
yes the pistons have valve relifes. and no the honda engine is not some mythical beast or odd ball engine like and Rx-7... its just a typical transverse 4-banger nothing to worry about but grab a manual for a smoother opperation

and the head bolts have a set pattern and 3 stages of tourque values and auto parts store can give you this.
btw: i just completed my full rebuild on my F22a6 and probably the most annoying things where intake manifold... cause i took it off before the head, and re-timing the engine, other than that it went well. good luck

where are you in PA im like 5 mins from jamestown/greenville area
Wow.. Thanks for the help.. ANd Next time I shall post in Engine/Tech.. I am near Morgantown and west chester ( in between) And thanks for the help on the head studs.. I just ended up needing a head gasket and Full gasket replacement.Pistons and all are now clean.. EGR valve was clogged but is ok now.. Thanks for the help.So far its going well and should be done monday! Oh yeah,Happy New years!