Notices

95 accord

Old 12-20-2005, 06:24 PM
trialsguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 accord

I am having electrical troubles with the transmission sometimes it will let me shift into gear from park then it wont then if I hit the brake pedal it will let me shift into gear like normal, but may not shift the next time I try it, I have it at a mechanic to run a check to see what code it may have set in the computer, but I thought I might run it past you guys to get me started in the right direction. Kinda vague I know but I just picked up the car yesterday and havent had alot of time to mess with it, it seems to be random problems with the transmission which I am wondering if it might be the computer. I did put a new shift relay but didnt fix the problem. thanks for your time and tomorrow I will try to exsplain it a little better
Old 12-21-2005, 02:51 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

so you're having trouble getting it out of park? or the transmission itself wont go into gear?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:32 PM
trialsguy

Replaced the brake switch because it wouldnt come out of park and that temporarily fixed that part but the D4 light always stays on and it will not go into 1st gear or the 4th gear manually or auto, you can put it in those postion but will not shift into them,If you take off driving it will start in which gear you have selected, if it is in drive it will start off in 2nd gear and so on but not low gear, now for the bad stuff, sometimes I can turn the ignition and hear the shifter relay click like when you step on the brake to put the car in gear and also and now the more It is messed with the gas pedal will also activate the relay in the shifter to release into gear, not all the time for each option. Its like I have a wondering short in the vehicle with no set patteren to the problem. will check the throttle postion sensor.
Is there any free online manuals that I can refer to? Thanks for your time