Notices

cheap power

Old 12-19-2005, 04:29 PM
92accordEXwhite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap power

yeah, i'm looking for some cheap performance parts
i want a few more hp for a few dollars, i kno it will be hard, but i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas, looking for a lil power til i can get decent money coming in... i drive a 92 accord EX... thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 05:45 PM
FallenAngelHIM

1) before anyone else says this, do a search. click the search button, type something, click search again. do some more search
2) you're not going to be getting anything for "a few dollars" you could buy an oil change for "a few dollars"
3) if you want REAL performance gains you could a) get a new car b) get an H22 swap or c) go forced induction which

all of the options under 3) goes for about $3000+
Old 12-19-2005, 05:51 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

plan on spending about $100+ per hp. intakes. exhausts. header(s).

youre a noob, so dont worry about the flak we're gonna give you for not searching the forum about a topic thats been covered countless times. search under 'mods' or 'performance' or 'intakes' or whatever your heart so desires. good luck.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:43 PM
92accordEXwhite

eh, i am a noob, yes, and yes, i'll get some flak, but hey, thot i could get some specific applications for my car from people who've used that certain product on their car, most ppl have the 5th or 6th gen on here, from what i've seen... well hell i dont know, I'm a noob right... anyway, thanks
Old 12-20-2005, 04:07 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

ask specific questions and you'll get specific answers. tell us what youre willing to spend. what youre looking for. just anything for us to work w/. we're not tryin to be jerks. at least not yet :hsughr:
Old 12-20-2005, 08:49 AM
RealDeal
Raleigh, NC

$100/hp? Are you nuts? Get a used nitrous kit for about $300 (there's about four complete kits for sale on a local forum around here), and head to the dyno with various hp jets. Most shops will dyno-tune cars for about $400.

Constant power is nice, but for a car like the Accord, just getting decent power continuously is going to take big $$$$$$$$$. Nothing other than nitrous is really worth the investment IMO. Good part about nitrous is that when you sell your car, you pull the kit off and put it on whatever you buy. Pretty cost-effective power if you ask me.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:14 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

nitrous is not real power.

You can't strap a 100 shot onto a stock I4 engine that's 14 years old and expect to be okay.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:22 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Originally Posted by e3NiNe
nitrous is not real power.

You can't strap a 100 shot onto a stock I4 engine that's 14 years old and expect to be okay.
which is exactly why i counted out that possibility.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:35 AM
RealDeal
Raleigh, NC

Didn't say 100-shot. It sure beats getting 2whp out of a $250 intake. Plus, when you get rid of the 14 year old four banger, and get something that can handle the power, that $250 intake = 0 performance for your new car. Whereas that nitrous kit can be transplanted indefinitely. And the nitrous kit can provide anywhere from 25hp to 350+hp, so you're covered whatever you end up with. That's what I'm planning on doing. I've got an Accord V6 right now, but hopefully I'll end up with another high-powered V8 in the future, and that kit will be bumped up to a 125- or 150-shot, for basically the price of a few jets.

Nitrous not real power? Is it fairy-tale power? I really don't care, as long as it propels the car faster, which it does.

Or you could sink $3,000 in a turbo kit that will put the same stress on the motor, and not be worth a penny the day you sell your car. Or you could waste your time and money buying boltons for a 4-banger, and end up spending more than the nitrous kit for about 15whp. And once again, the day you sell your car, all those boltons are worth nothing.

You're not going to be driving a 92 Accord forever.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:09 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

if you are mechanically inclined, lightened flywheel will free up some torque.
id also play around with bored out TB, intake, ignition system (such as msd)