Notices

94 accord broken into/ ignition ruined..need help!

Old 12-15-2005, 01:03 PM
payne123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 accord broken into/ ignition ruined..need help!

Hello, any help would be appreciated on this matter..
My girls car got broken into two weeks ago, and I have yet to find anything on this matter that will help me...they busted out the ignition, so i realize i need a new one, found one on ebay cheap..that part is ordered and on the way next week..what i cant figure out is whether a piece on/or around the ignition was actually a part of the ignition, or a piece that is a separate part. Heres a pic to make this painless for you guys that know something about this..

The red circled parts are the parts broken..theyre part of a input plug(the spot where the green plug outlined in white goes into) Im figuring this is part of the ignition, but not sure, no photos on ebay are worth a crap to see if its the same..any help would be fantastic so i can have my car back and stop letting my girlfriend take my car everyday! thanks!
payne
Old 12-15-2005, 01:57 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that green plug goes into light ring arounnd the the ignition switch it should some with the new switch along with the 2 harness in case your is cut . if not you just unplug the other green plug with the one your holding and plug it into the new switch!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:47 PM
payne123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet! thanks bud! appreciate it!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:34 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anytime just rember the automatics trans uses a diffrent switch then the 5 speed one. from your picture it looks like you have a automatic.