Notices

97 Honda Accord Antenna prob

Old 12-13-2005, 12:49 PM
newbie20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Honda Accord Antenna prob

My car doesnt get very good radio reception. I only get like two stations that are not full of static. Is this a problem with the antenna? I dont even know where the antenna in this car is! How do I go about fixing that?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:12 PM
mizturyous
Terd Furgeson

The antenna is in the rear window of the 96-97 Accords. You may want to take the radio out and see if the plug is still in or the tuner in the head unit could be bad, is it factory?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:19 PM
newbie20

yea its a factory radio....the only thing is that I don't know how to get to the inside of the radio. Its like a whole unit attached to like other things. Do you know the easiest way to get to the inside of the radio?
Old 12-17-2005, 08:03 PM
mizturyous
Terd Furgeson

open the armrest console, at the bottom there is a cover plate, remove it and take out the 2 screws there. Next take out the cup holder. You will see a total of 3 screws in there but YOU ONLY NEED TO REMOVE THE ONE UP CLOSEST TO THE SHIFTER. Once done you will lift up on the whjold armrest section and it will slide over the E-brake. Set it aside and there are 2 screws on each corner that hold on the black trim piece around the shifter, you will see them once that armrest piece was removed. Then take out the ashtray and remove the 1 screw behind it. After that is done carefully pull out the piece that surrounds the radio/shifter and unplug all switches. Next, there are 2 silver 8mm screws under the head unit, unscrew them and the radio will pull out. It may be tight becaus ethe pulg does not have much slack on it.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:04 PM
mizturyous
Terd Furgeson

open the armrest console, at the bottom there is a cover plate, remove it and take out the 2 screws there. Next take out the cup holder. You will see a total of 3 screws in there but YOU ONLY NEED TO REMOVE THE ONE UP CLOSEST TO THE SHIFTER. Once done you will lift up on the whjold armrest section and it will slide over the E-brake. Set it aside and there are 2 screws on each corner that hold on the black trim piece around the shifter, you will see them once that armrest piece was removed. Then take out the ashtray and remove the 1 screw behind it. After that is done carefully pull out the piece that surrounds the radio/shifter and unplug all switches. Next, there are 2 silver 8mm screws under the head unit, unscrew them and the radio will pull out. It may be tight becaus ethe pulg does not have much slack on it. The antenna plugs into the back of the unit also.