Notices

pcv and the lot

Old 12-13-2005, 12:45 PM
vtec-y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcv and the lot

hey everyone,
eventhough over the past 2.5 years ive learned some things in some ways im still like a "day one noobie"

heres the question: i have a V2 intake on my car. near the throttle body is a large nipple with a hose that connects to the crank case. i know this is not connecting to the pcv valve becauase that is hose is next to it and connects to the intake manifold. so what is this? please impart some Holy HOnda knowledge on me.

also does anyone know what the "breather filters" are for? i know its too help crankcase gases escape from the crankcase but doesnt' the pcv valve take care of that?

thanks again,
andrew
Old 12-26-2005, 10:24 PM
vtec-y

obviously this was a stupid question or else someone would dignify it with some answer...please?
fine even joke BS answers
just for $hits and giggles

--andrew
Old 12-26-2005, 10:29 PM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

i think tht hose is a sensor... but not sure wat the name is...
Old 01-03-2006, 06:02 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's the crankcase breather, part of the PCV system. Normally, air goes into the crankcase thru that hose, & gets sucked out of the crankcase thru the PCV valve.

At WOT when there's not much vacuum in the intake manifold, blowby can overwhelm the PCV valve. Then the flow reverses in that breather hose & air blows from the crankcase back into the intake.

Breather filters are for that hose. You disconnect it from the intake, plug the nipple at the intake, & put the breather filter on the crankcase nipple. That should be illegal if you get smog checks where you live.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:32 PM
vtec-y

thanks but now my question is: what is the point of a breather filter? i mean does it translate to more power? probably not.

or is it just RICE?

thanks,
andrew