Notices

auto window not working

Old 12-10-2005, 04:55 AM
hondarocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto window not working

The windows were frozen shut this morning. After letting things warm up for a while I attempted to open the driver's side window. It was still frozen. A while later I successfully open it but now the auto up and down feature is not working.

Any way to reset this? 2005 honda accord ex v6 6speed

hondarocket
Old 12-10-2005, 07:33 AM
cl206

Default Check ur fuse box

Doh! I misread the post. Well if your window doesnt work @ all, try the fuse lol

Look in ur manual and find the fuse that corresponds with the correct window. Its probably shot.

-cl206
Old 12-10-2005, 10:19 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

If I remember correctly, if the battery dies or is disconnected on 7th gen Accords, it looses auto window function. The windows will still roll up and down with normal power window control, but the auto function is disabled. To reset it, I think you have to shut the car off, hold the driver's window switch up, and while holding it turn the ignition to run. Continue holding it untill you hear a beep or a series of beeps, and it should be reset.

I don't know if I am 100% accurate on the steps of this procedure, so you may need to contact your dealership's service department. But I do know there is a procedure like this which must be performed to reset the auto up/down function.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:31 AM
MisterPeabody

Default Auto Window Function Reset

Had the same problem on my '02 CR-V : the auto up / down function quit working after the battery died.

Fastball's procedure worked great! Thanks!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:27 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to restore auto windows turn the key to the on position roll the window all the way down and hold the switch in the down position for 2-3 sec's after the window is all the way down then hold the window switch in the up position until the window closes and release after 2-3 sec's now auto window should work now.