Notices

'04 Accord Automatic Transmission

Old 12-09-2005, 09:13 PM
RealDeal
Raleigh, NC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 Accord Automatic Transmission

What's up guys.

I've got an '04 Accord V6 Auto, and I was wondering if Honda will replace it if it goes bad in X miles, or if my 36K mile is up, I'm on my own. Just worried about all the guys on here having trouble with the automatic transmissions, and didn't know if there was an extended warranty on the transmission or not...

Thanks
Old 12-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there aren't any warranty extensions for the 7th gen trannys yet. if they see the " NX wet: 100 shot ", they may not even honor the standard warranty. h:
Old 12-10-2005, 05:52 AM
ItsaHonda

The only 7th gen tranny recall was for the installation of the 2nd gear oil jet due to insufficient lubrication. Otherwise, no other problems. So far the 5-speeds tend to be holding up well, as far as I am aware.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:51 AM
autofreak

Hey everybody, I have not heard any talk about transmission failures in the 7th generation honda accord. A little tip on taking care of your transmission is always make a complete stop when switching from reverse mode to drive mode. My neighbors had new camry, and they didnt make complete stops when switching gears, and they traded it in because it was in the shop multiple times for transmission failure. Now their new camry sounds like its about ready to give up too. (they accelerate harshly, still dont make complete stops, and their engine sounds like a bucket of bolts rattling).
Old 12-10-2005, 11:15 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u are saying to come to a complete stop from drive if u are going to put it on reverse. like driving ,then fully stop then put it on reverse. sounds right.
but yes u can go from reverse to drive without making a complete stop(thats how u escape an ambush).
Old 12-10-2005, 12:47 PM
autofreak

hey guys,

lol strykernyc, lets say i'm backing out of a parking space, i make a complete stop and then shift to drive (if nobody is around to ambush you lol). Thats what i do and my parents do and they've never had transmission problems with their cars. But hey, who am i to tell you how to drive. Take care of your honda or acura guys.

later

Last edited by autofreak; 01-01-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:25 AM
RealDeal
Raleigh, NC

Well, that makes me feel better... I was thinking the transmission was already weak. Now hopefully it will be able to handle the nitrous. This is the first time I've dealt with nitrous on a "run of the mill" import, and I'm being VERY careful, making sure I do all my homework. Blowing her up or transmission failure aren't options!
Old 12-11-2005, 08:46 AM
badtameezboy

I had the same question about my 04 and did alata search and so far found only one but makes me feels good that they replaced his traany for free.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=200956
Old 12-11-2005, 08:52 AM
motoguy128

Originally Posted by autofreak
hey guys,

lol strykernyc, lets say i'm backing out of a parking space, i make a complete stop and then shift to drive (if nobody is around to ambush you lol). Thats what i do and my parents do and they've never had transmission problems with their cars. But, hey, who am i to tell you how to drive. Take care of your honda or acura guys.

later
I agree. I'm still used ot driving a manual, so I usually just put it in neutral as I'm still rolling backwars (unless it's nighttime and cars behind me) then put it in drive and wait a second until I feel it engage into gear.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:56 AM
badtameezboy

Originally Posted by motoguy128
I agree. I'm still used ot driving a manual, so I usually just put it in neutral as I'm still rolling backwars (unless it's nighttime and cars behind me) then put it in drive and wait a second until I feel it engage into gear.

I SEE RICER PEOPLE

Ricer Law #154-Put the car (automatic) in neutral on hills so that it rolls back like a manual and then go into drive when the light turns and
Law#75-When you manually shift an automatic

Courtesy of: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198664