Notices

Tranny problems on my '00 Accord SE

Old 12-02-2005, 09:56 AM
znerd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny problems on my '00 Accord SE

Some of my problems are in this thread:

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=214594

However, the real problem now is the transmission.

Here is some brief service history:

Nov-04
91K miles
check engine light goes on and code p1259 v-tec system failure. they reset the code and car drives fine

Mar-05
98K miles
check engine light goes on and p0700 code A/T system malfunction. however, the car is driving fine, so they reset the code and to call if light goes on again.

months go by and then the transmission starts slipping a little bit when it's starting to get cold out and kindof grinds when it catches into 2nd gear.

Nov-05
113K miles
check engine light on again and code p1259 pops up so they replace the v-tec solidaoid assy. also codes p0700 (a/t system malfunction) and p0780 (mech problem in hydrulic control system) come on. they say that tehy may need to replace all solinoid valves which would cost $598. and then the transmission could still need to be replaced.

so i was researching this board and someone in the previous thread mentioned that there was a recall on the 00-01 accord transmissions up to like 100K miles. i mention this to the guy and he said he doesn't know and that I should take it to a dealer. I am annoyed because the place I took it to was called "Honda & Acura Services, Inc" so i kinda thought they would know their shit about honda's.

The check engine light is not on now, but it is not shifting as it should. I take it to the dealer by my work and they check my VIN number to see if the my car is covered under the recall. Sure enough, it is, but my car now has 112K miles so i'm above the level. I mention that I've read about goodwill recalls and he said that they will do them sometimes and that they should inspect the car which they will be doing this Monday morning.

now, I'm nervous as hell because i can't drop a few thousand bucks into the transmission. I've already spent over $1100 in the past year on maintanance and problems. I took the car in when the first A/T failure came on at 97K miles and i'm fucking pissed that the guys at "Honda & Acura Service" didn't bring up the fact that the cars have transmission issues and that there were recalls. Am I wrong for thinking this? is there any more i can do right now????
Old 12-02-2005, 04:44 PM
RKV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, one thing u can do, is not recommend them to friends, because their not as knowledgable as they could be, but im not too sure you can be pissed at them, they are not a honda dealer. they simply specialize in those cars... but ur right, good mechanics should know a good thing or 2 about the cars they work on, news as big as that should have been in the data bank (their brain). pray u get that goodwill, i had a friend who got goodwill on his 6th gen accord like u, a 00 also i think, and he ended up still having to pay for labor which ran almost $1,000, he saved the additional $1,500 for parts though.