Notices

Oil Leaking Problems

Old 11-30-2005, 09:17 AM
trishkatluvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leaking Problems

I have a major oil leak and I can not tell where it is coming from. The oil light is on and I do not have a clue what is wrong. Can someone help me?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:07 AM
JL95AccorD

Have you tried getting under the car and inspecting under the hood to try to find where the oil is leaking from. Look at the location of the oil puddles here you have been parked to help determine where it is spilling from. And make sure you pick up a couple of bottles of oil and keep in your car to keep checking the oil level and adding oil as needed. You don't need having an oil leak along with a messed up motor from running it with no oil.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Nirvanaspartan

what if its coming from the timming belt area, can it be fixed with a simple seal?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:44 AM
JL95AccorD

It could be something as simple as just a bad valve cover gasket, which you can buy a new one for 20 bucks and change yourself very easily. But you have to find where the leak is.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:58 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats not good the oil light is on, dont even think about turning the car on unless u do like he said above, add more oil.
How many miles u have n ur car?
when the timing belt and all that stuff was done n my car they didnt change the o-ring seal and the seal just broke off and the car just lost oil faster than i dont know what.