Noise and Brake(s) issue.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Accord2005NJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise and Brake(s) issue.

Hi,

2005 LX Auto 4Cyl here.

My Accord seems to have 2 problems:

1. I get this weird noise coming from inside the car (dashboard?) that sounds like a loose harness or something. Its the same noise that one would get from placing a piece of plastic over a vibriting surface. It only shows up when the car is going over uneven surface. I am taking the car to the stealer to take a look but I can almost bet they will "not be able to replicate the problem."

2. At speeds of 60-65 miles when I brake there is a bit of a woooooom noise coming from the brakes. Pedal feels normal and at lower speeds (below 50) this does not appear. This has been an ongoing issue. I took the car two months ago to the stealer to check for warped rotors and they said all was fine. Now, the car is over 12,000 miles and I am afraid now the rotos will NOT be fine but no brake warranty.

Any comments as to my diagnosis and problems above?

Thx
Old 12-05-2005, 08:12 PM
JumboJet747

Man, I have a simliar sound...Is a ticking/flicking sound inside the car on the passenger side. The ticking/flicking noise increases as the car speed up. I brought it back to the dealer they said it was the PCV Value. After the dealer changed the value the noise was still there. This sound can only be heard on the passenger side when I put my head down to the floor , I wont able to here it. If, I keep my head near the cd player and around the dash board the ticking or flicking noise is there. I have no idea what causes that noise, after the dealer did a full check up on the engine which it didnt show any damages. So, I think there must be something lose in the dashboard which that could cost lost money for somebody to open up.

My break makes the high pitch noise for the first stop of the day. After the first stop the noise is gone. I have no idea where these problems coming from while the car is brand new and under 8000KM. Please Help if anyone have more information.

Thank You
Accord LX 4 / 2005
Old 12-06-2005, 04:20 AM
jordanhxc

Originally Posted by JumboJet747
Man, I have a simliar sound...Is a ticking/flicking sound inside the car on the passenger side. The ticking/flicking noise increases as the car speed up. I brought it back to the dealer they said it was the PCV Value. After the dealer changed the value the noise was still there. This sound can only be heard on the passenger side when I put my head down to the floor , I wont able to here it. If, I keep my head near the cd player and around the dash board the ticking or flicking noise is there. I have no idea what causes that noise, after the dealer did a full check up on the engine which it didnt show any damages. So, I think there must be something lose in the dashboard which that could cost lost money for somebody to open up.

My break makes the high pitch noise for the first stop of the day. After the first stop the noise is gone. I have no idea where these problems coming from while the car is brand new and under 8000KM. Please Help if anyone have more information.

Thank You
Accord LX 4 / 2005
this could be a wear bar or your break pad, but you say it's new so maybe not?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:12 PM
JumboJet747

I have taken the car to an autobody shop to inspect the front of the car. They said it was fine , everything looks good. So, I have no idea where the noise is from... For now I guess I will have to stick to noise.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Accord2005NJ

HI,

I I just realized I already posted this (moderator please delete my new post on the same issue - the one I posted today).

Anywho,

I think the noise is a loose harness inside the dash. I will ask the stealer to specifically open the dash and check for it.

As for brakes, I think I might have either a cracked/broken brake pad, OR warped rotors. The thing is the car now has over 12k miles so brake warranty is out..... Still, since I took the car to the dealer, pardon me - stealer, for the check up on this brake issue when the car had 10k and they said "all seems fine" if they now come up with the your rotors are warped bull shit, they I will call them on it, speak with the manager ,call regiona rep, - and in any way possible raise hell.