Notices

FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS

Old 08-26-2005, 12:16 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS

Since I see this topic a lot I figured I'd take some time to post the Honda instructions for it. Please ask questions or request other instructions for diff cars in this thread Enjoy.

If your car is a Honda and you don't see your vehicle's instructions, either the remote is not programmable or you didn't look hard enough.

e3nine: please link to this in the thread as opposed to pasting it in b/c it's so freaking huge.

Paypal donations for the 'my fingers are tired and i really should be working' fund can go to hall9923@kettering.edu h:

Keyless Entry Remotes

Remote Programming Instructions

1994-97 Accord 5-door EX with factory-installed keyless entry system

1995-98 Odyssey EX with factory-installed keyless entry system

Programming the Transmitter

NOTE :

^ The system accepts up to two transmitters.

^ Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.

1. Open the driver's door.
2. Push the driver's power door lock switch to the unlock position and hold it. (Continue to hold the switch during this procedure.)
3. Insert the key into the ignition switch, then remove it. Repeat this four more times (five times total) within 10 seconds. (You must complete steps 3 and 4 within 10 seconds or the system will exit the programming mode.)
4. Insert the key into the ignition switch. After you insert the key, make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in the programming mode.
5. Press the "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button on the transmitter. All the power door locks (except the driver's door) should cycle to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter's code.
6. To program a second transmitter, press its "LOCK" or "UNLOCK" button within 10 seconds of programming the first transmitter.
7. Release the master power door lock switch to exit the programming mode.

1996-02 Accord with dealer-installed security system

1998-02 Accord DX & LX with dealer-installed keyless entry system

1997-01 CR-V with dealer-installed security system

1996-97 del Sol with dealer-installed security system

1996-98 Odyssey with dealer-installed security system

*1999-04 Odyssey LX with dealer-installed keyless entry system or security system*

1996-01 Prelude with dealer-installed security system

*2000-04 S2000 with dealer-installed security system

2000-04 Insight with dealer-installed security system

2003-04 Pilot LX with dealer-installed keyless entry system or security system*

NOTES :

^ The system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter is erased.

^ Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.

^ You must complete steps 1-6 within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on one of the transmitters. (An unprogrammed transmitter can be used for this step.)
3. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
4. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 two more times using the same transmitter used in step 2.
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
6. Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode.
7. Within 10 seconds, press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on each transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you press each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter's code.
8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.

1997 Accord SE With Factory-Installed Security System

NOTES :

^ The system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter is erased.

^ You must complete steps 1-6 within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode.

2. Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on one of the transmitters. (An unprogrammed transmitter can be used for this step.)
4. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 two more times using the same transmitter used in step 2.
6. Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode.
7. Within 10 seconds, press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on each transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you press each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter's code.
5. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.

1998-02 Accord EX with factory-installed security system

2000 and 2002 Accord SE with factory-installed security system

(Not interchangeable with CR-V and S2000 remote transmitter)

Transmitter Identification

The transmitter for the 1995-99 Accord and the 2000-02 Accord look identical, but they are not interchangeable. The 1995-99 transmitter works the doors of a 2000-02 Accord, but it does not open the trunk. If you are not sure which transmitter you have, press and hold the trunk release button while looking at the LED. The LED on the 1995-99 transmitter comes on in about 1.1 seconds. The LED on the 2000-02 transmitter comes on in about 0.5 second.

NOTES :

4. Repeat steps 1 2, and 3 two more times using the same transmitter used in step 2.

2003-04 Accord LX and EX with factory-installed keyless entry system

NOTES :

4. Repeat steps 1 2, and 3 two more times using the same transmitter used in step 2.

1997-04 CR-V LX with dealer-installed keyless entry system

1998-04 CR-V EX with factory-installed keyless entry system

2000-01 CR-V SE with factory-installed keyless entry system

2000-04 S2000 with factory-installed keyless entry system

2002-04 CR-V with dealer-installed security system*

NOTES :

^ You must complete each step within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode. Program the transmitters within 10 seconds.

1999-00 Odyssey EX with factory-installed keyless entry system or dealer-installed security system

*2001-04 Odyssey EX models with factory- installed security system*

*Transmitter Identification

The 1999-00 transmitter is not interchangeable with the 2001-04 transmitter. To tell them apart, look at the FCC ID on the back.

1999-00 - FCC ID: E4EG8DN

2001-04 - FCC ID: OUCG8D-440H-A*

NOTES :

You must complete steps 1-6 within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode.

1999-01 Prelude with factory-installed keyless entry system

NOTES :

2000-04 Insight with factory-installed keyless entry system

NOTES :

Old 08-26-2005, 06:03 PM
HondaDriver4evr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I have a 1997 Honda Odyssey LX. I have a regular[not Honda] remote installed by a store, not sure which one, anyway it's out of battery and I plan to get a Honda remote from my dealer. Is it possibe if I just get it from my dealer and install it the way you said? Will it not work b/c it's not "activated" by the dealer?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:32 PM
scanrps
Honda Parts Tech

Originally Posted by HondaDriver4evr
Hi,
I have a 1997 Honda Odyssey LX. I have a regular[not Honda] remote installed by a store, not sure which one, anyway it's out of battery and I plan to get a Honda remote from my dealer. Is it possibe if I just get it from my dealer and install it the way you said? Will it not work b/c it's not "activated" by the dealer?
Sorry, but the only option Honda had for your model was a complete
alarm system which was not a simple install, and a costly system($300+
range), or a keyless option which was not much less then the alarm. If all you need is a battery, you most likely can pick one up at Radio Shack(sometimes the battery type is listed on the remote).
Old 08-26-2005, 09:52 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Hi,
If it's a Honda keyless entry system then of course the programming will work...if it's not a Honda keyless entry system then of course it won't. You can't interchange stuff either, as you can see these remotes are very specific to certain types of security systems.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:28 AM
HondaDriver4evr

Oh, I was looking forward to getting a Honda Remote.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You get that from ISIS or something?
Oh, I was looking forward to getting a Honda Remote.
That's like using a Sony remote on a Samsung TV... it just doesn't work that way.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:39 AM
HondaDriver4evr

Look, I bought this car in 1997 Brand New. I installed a remote[not HONDA] in it when I bought it,NOT FROM HONDA! I got it from a small shop. They installed it for me. And it's been working for 8 yrs. I plan on getting a Honda Remote from Ebay maybe is that possible!??!?
Old 08-28-2005, 06:51 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Look, I bought this car in 1997 Brand New. I installed a remote[not HONDA] in it when I bought it,NOT FROM HONDA! I got it from a small shop. They installed it for me. And it's been working for 8 yrs. I plan on getting a Honda Remote from Ebay maybe is that possible!??!?
No it wont work
Old 08-28-2005, 06:59 AM
HondaDriver4evr

Ok?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:37 AM
scanrps
Honda Parts Tech

Lets try this again. Your Odyssey did not come with any key-less
from the factory, you had a aftermarket (non Honda) system installed.
You can not use the Honda remote with the aftermarket system, because
your car does not have the Honda key-less or alarm brain for it to work.

Quick Reply: FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS