Notices

FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS

Old 08-28-2005, 08:24 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HondaDriver4evr
Look, I bought this car in 1997 Brand New. I installed a remote[not HONDA] in it when I bought it,NOT FROM HONDA! I got it from a small shop. They installed it for me. And it's been working for 8 yrs. I plan on getting a Honda Remote from Ebay maybe is that possible!??!?
You didn't buy a Honda alarm system, why would you expect a Honda remote to work? If you wanted the remote so bad you should have gotten a Honda system.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:10 PM
HondaDriver4evr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:03 AM
nuprules

i tried to use the instructions and i followed the precisely but my unlock button still doesn't work. i get the trunk popper and the lock to work but when i hit unlock, nothing happens.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:12 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by nuprules
i tried to use the instructions and i followed the precisely but my unlock button still doesn't work. i get the trunk popper and the lock to work but when i hit unlock, nothing happens.
Sounds like your remote is busted. If your remote was unprogrammed none of the buttons would work.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:53 AM
HondaDriver4evr

Hi again. I just bought a 99 Civic. I saw that there is no information on your list of programs that is about Civics so I wanted to let you know because I am interested.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:46 PM
civic_drver

Default Civic 96-98 programming

I tried all of these methods on my 96 Civic and none of them worked. Then I found these instructions that worked perfectly from College Hills Honda at the following address: http://www.collegehillshonda.com/art...ticle_34.shtml

1996-1998 Civic Keyless Entry Programming
By College Hills Honda Parts
Sat, 21 Aug 2004, 10:05:00

Email this article
Printer friendly page

NOTES:
• The system accepts up to four transmitters.
• Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes,
so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must
reprogram all the transmitters once you’re in the programming mode.

Programming the Transmitter
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Press and hold the Valet-Disarm button on the radio (between the AM/FM and CD/TAPE buttons) to enter the programming mode. (Continue to hold the button during this procedure, or programming will be cancelled.) Check that the power door locks cycle to confirm that you’re in the programming mode.
3. Within 5 seconds, press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on the transmitter. Check that the power door locks cycle to confirm that the code was accepted.
4. Within 10 seconds, press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on each of the remaining transmitters.
5. After all the transmitters have been programmed, release the Valet-Disarm button to exit programming mode.

Ordering a Transmitter
You may order direct from College Hills Honda. Simply call 1-888-244-6632 and ask for Internet Parts.

Batteries for the Transmitter
The battery number is CR2025. Each transmitter uses one battery.

© Copyright 2004-2005 by collegehillshonda.com

Don't pay $$ for these instructions on Ebay when you can get them for free!!
Old 09-18-2005, 04:25 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

As a side note you can actually cut apart the 98-02 Accord key and the TSX key and have it modified to use the new 7th gen built in fob. You have to cut out the 7th gen Accord blank, and transplant the chip from your old key that you must cut apart. There is a how to on many other forums...

A good buddy of mine in Cincy modified my TSX key for me, I hate that fob. He uses a dremel, some time, and some epoxy. Looks great to me?

He will be doing my Accord key for me next. He does this on the side if anyone is interested PM for details.

If you do it yourself it works out well, it programmed up just like the stock TSX fob, I really like this much better then having to lug around both the fob and the key, I have enough keys.....
Old 09-19-2005, 03:27 AM
HondaDriver4evr

Around how much is the Fob for? How would it work if your car isn't a 7th gen? I know you would cut the key but what about the fob? I might be interested. Where do you live?
Old 09-19-2005, 05:31 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by civic_drver
Don't pay $$ for these instructions on Ebay when you can get them for free!!
That's the idea of this forum, to save people money from the stealerships and ebay goons Welcome to HAN, BTW. Thanks for finding that resource, and if anyone else needs directions not listed that college hills Honda site has quite a few!!

Hondadriver: I think he said that the guy changes the chip in the key, that's all that's needed. I wish I still had my Honda remote entry instead of this useless Viper system...woohoo I have remote start but I refuse to use it unless it's below 0 because I don't want to put wear on my engine h:
Old 09-19-2005, 06:46 AM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
That's the idea of this forum, to save people money from the stealerships and ebay goons Welcome to HAN, BTW. Thanks for finding that resource, and if anyone else needs directions not listed that college hills Honda site has quite a few!!

Hondadriver: I think he said that the guy changes the chip in the key, that's all that's needed. I wish I still had my Honda remote entry instead of this useless Viper system...woohoo I have remote start but I refuse to use it unless it's below 0 because I don't want to put wear on my engine h:
I wouldn't worry one bit; remote starting your engine is the least of your worries....change the oil often it will run forever period. If I had remote start I would use it to run the AC in the summer all the time before I got in the car...

Quick Reply: FAQ: Keyless Entry Remote Programming - ALL MODELS