Notices

Halo Projector Lights

Old 06-28-2005, 11:27 AM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Halo Projector Lights

Iam new to accord and mods, I just got an 03 V6 Coupe, trying to do some modifications. This time I want to know about the HALO PROJECTOR headlights.
I have read some forums and some people complained that thier halo things got dimmed after a while, anybody with that problem.
Also how do you wire them, for example if at night time you just want the halos to be on but not the whole headlight. I think if I put a separate switch for it it will work so I can run them with the Foglights on will be same as this car below

Like this one

Thanks alot.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:29 PM
kmcaprice14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are usually all crap, and the halos will burn out, or dim unevenly. I had a friend who had his halos melt the housing of the light and destroy the whole unit. Plus, IMO, halos look stupid on accords. I would spend my money elsewhere. But to each his own, and if you go halos, good luck.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:30 PM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Thats the only thing Iam worried about, But I dont dive my car alot, I had it for a month now and I only drove about 1k on it.
About the appearence, they kinda look nice on the car in the picture.
check out more at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/784132/4
I am sure will look good with Black Grill, Fog Lights and Black Wheels on a Satin Silver Car.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:21 PM
strykernyc

yeah the ring will burn out within months. but it does look h0t. and for the installation, u follow the instruction and it will come out exactly the way u want too. one click the halo ring and the corner will turn on and 2click turns the headlights on. halo are h0t on any car at night, it sucks they burn out n months, and is not even the bulb that burn out.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:50 AM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Originally Posted by strykernyc
yeah the ring will burn out within months. but it does look h0t. and for the installation, u follow the instruction and it will come out exactly the way u want too. one click the halo ring and the corner will turn on and 2click turns the headlights on. halo are h0t on any car at night, it sucks they burn out n months, and is not even the bulb that burn out.
But I think they burn out of excessive use. For example if you keep them on all the time with your headlight, they will burn out because of the heat and because they are ON all the time. I think we should put a seperate switch for them so we can only turn them ON when you need them cause you cannot see them with the headlights on.
I believe they will last a lot longer this way. What do you guys think?
Old 06-29-2005, 10:50 AM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Just imagine your doom or map light ON for a long time, it will get hot and eventualy the bulb will stop working or it might melt the socket.
If the Halo's are on continueously ON for a long time with the headlight, I think they will either dim or burn out. So my theory is, connect them either to your foglights or connect them with a seperate switch so that you can turn it on only when you are showing off your ride, other than that just use the headlights.

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS? DOES THIS MAKES ANY SENSE OR IF IT HAS BEEN TRIED BEFORE
Old 06-29-2005, 12:57 PM
IonBlue

i've got chrome halos

what would be the best power supply to tap into for our halo switch with the right wattage/voltage as to preserve the low power consumption and long lasting characteristics of a l.e.d.?
I've mounted my halos but haven't wired them yet..i need to buy a switch..
Old 06-29-2005, 01:13 PM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

But dont you think my theory is right, If we do it my way instead of wiring them to the Headlights.
I think they burn soon cause they are ON all the time.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:02 PM
IonBlue

^^oh, i agree...there should be a separate power supply so you can switch it on and off, but i'm not sure where would be the most convenient power source...i don't want to wire it right up to the battery
Old 06-29-2005, 03:44 PM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

How about if we connect it to the Foglights so it can be turned ON and OFF with the Foglights if the foglights are present. I believe we can work something out about the Wattage/Voltage thing if we research a little.
I think it will look hot if you are cruising on "Las Vegas Blvd" at night with only the Halos and the Foglights ON, dont you think?.
Like that Car in the picture.

IONBLUE, I like your car man, it pretty hot.