Notices

R33 bumper.... Need new signal lights 2

Old 05-25-2005, 07:29 PM
badandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R33 bumper.... Need new signal lights 2

Hmmm, that was wierd. Damn PC went haywire for a min. Mods, please erase the first post since it didnt even input the stuff i wrote

Ok, here i go again..... I have a '97 ex accord and i purchased an R33 body kit......

Now, my stock sized turn signals wouldnt fit in the bottom groove on this bumper. I tried fitting them in the middle two slots, but they are half the size of these lights. Anybody have any experience with this style of bumper? Any after market signal lights i can buy that might fit? I was thinking of maybe rigging the lights behind the two middle slots, but not quite sure how.... glue maybe? Any ideas and inputs will be greatly appreciated... Thanx
Old 05-25-2005, 07:39 PM
badandy

Just a thought..... ive seen some 5th G accords use their parking lights for turn signals.... any way of doing this? I have some projector headlights installed....

... and i dont know how it would look since one of the parking lights on each headlight is actually surrounded in a headlight type dome. But, if theres a DIY for making your parking lights blink, i might give it a try. Is there a way to make them turn on when you turn your lights on and blink when turn your signals on? The bumper might look better w/o a light on it anyway..... once again... any help is appreciated
Old 05-25-2005, 08:58 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Good question.

1: Make a custom shrouds, lenses, and housing for the turn signal so that it'd fit into the two top holes, use the same socket as your stock one (the bumper one). You can put together by JB welded it. What you can do is make clear lenses, and epoxied to those two holes (top ones) and make it as if one piece. Then fill the insider of that hole with high temp paint or high temperature resistance films. Then cut off the reflector from the stock bumper so that it'd fit right onto the holes from the back of the bumper. Then epoxy it in. So you'll end up with a dead mounted-in bumper lamp. Then just plug the bulbs into the sockets on the back of those holes.

2: Do a relay on your Parking light, since it's a single filament, it'd work. Make sure you use a good ambered colored bulb or amber corner and the bulb have a Very bright output so that the Headlamp lighw won't overwhelm the signal's.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:59 PM
badandy

Originally Posted by 94AccordEX
Do a relay on your Parking light, since it's a single filament, it'd work.
Ok, im not too experienced with electrical stuff. I mean, i know the basics. I installed a neon kit and had no trouble figuring it out (grounding wires, tapping into power source, ect... it was my first time dealing with electrical stuff too)

So how would i do a relay on the Parking light..... and will the bulb stay on when i turn the lights on?

Any suggestions on a amber bulb with good output?
Old 05-28-2005, 04:37 PM
zidek_accord

i've seen people modify 94/95 bumper signals in the bottom since they're a bit shorter.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:28 AM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Bump for the sexy woman green m&m
Old 05-29-2005, 01:57 PM
badandy

hehe i won that for my wife in vegas
Old 08-22-2005, 09:12 PM
88CReXin

I Just ran into the same problem. I was looking into buying a buddy club front bumper for my 96 and realized that there is no place to put my turn signals and i have yet to find a solution to it. does anyone else have suggestion?