Thread: Difference between EX,LX,DX

Difference between EX,LX,DX

Hello i always wanted to ask this question i always wanted to know what is the difference between the accords lx, ex and dx versions which one is better and which one is the worst?

DX is the cheapiest of them all, then LX, then EX.

This varries from generation to generation, but for instance:

6th gen Accord

DX Crank windows, no moonroof, lost some painted body pieces
    LX - Power everything, no mooroof, VTEC
    EX - Moonroof, option of leather, power everything, etc.

EDIT: No such thing as a DX V6
    '04 Civic EX Coupe :::: Cusco, CCW, T1R, ASR, Wilwood, Hotchkis, etc.
    '92 Accord EX-L Sedan :::: JDM H22A AT->MT Swapped California Shelled Sleeper
    '76 Accord Hatchback ::: 70,174 miles, Restomod Project, H22A Swap Dreams

thrs also the SE which is pretty pointless but it betweent he LX's and EX's
    Vid of the Week:Nasty Ray kills the beat.
    Dickies.Reebok.AdidasApparel.Mcdavid.Tribal

EX comes with all wheel disc brakes, all other models come with rear drums.

SEs come at the end of the model year before honda changes the style, its an LX with EX features except rear discs. BTW this has been asked 87678943659874356 times, use the search next time.
    00 Accord EXL Coupe
    In desperate need of boost.

OK thank you very much for your responses i will use this info on my next purchase very soon!

Get the EX... if only for the disc brakes in the rear. The drums are terrible. Good luck stopping from 85 on the freeway in anything less then like 600 feet. Its awful, not to mention dangerous.

HAHAHA i will keep that in mind.. Thanks

Get what you can afford there really isn't too much of a difference in stopping with disc in the rear opposed to drums. I personally have an EX and the reason why I chose the EX say over an LX is because of the alloy wheels, sunroof, side air bags, 6 disc in dash CD changer (01-02 models) and then the rear disc because cars look better with four wheel disc instead of disc/drum combo but the stopping distance is minimal between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by BONE
    Get what you can afford there really isn't too much of a difference in stopping with disc in the rear opposed to drums. I personally have an EX and the reason why I chose the EX say over an LX is because of the alloy wheels, sunroof, side air bags, 6 disc in dash CD changer (01-02 models) and then the rear disc because cars look better with four wheel disc instead of disc/drum combo but the stopping distance is minimal between the two.

The distance difference may be minimal, but with upgraded discs or a big brake kit, its significantly improved. For the LX you have to swap out the rear arms before upgrading the brakes.... Its just an extra step, and an extra hassle. Just shell out a little bit more now, to save yourself a little bit more later...

But good point BONE, I really didn't specify exactly what I meant.

Plus you get a little better engine... kinda a big deal if you arent planning on doing a swap or turbo.

Definitely get the EX. It's pretty cheap for the available/Standard options. I went with the EX but without the Leather and opted for the manual tranny. I didn't want leather cause during the summertime, the interior will be hot as hell.
    What's that red button on your steering wheel....OOOHHHH MY GOD!!!!!!
    THE BLACKNIGHT
    Site for 6th Gen Accords

I have a EX V6 and a 4Cyl EX because I like to be fully loaded. I don't think it was mentioned earlier, but the LX V6 models come standard with 4 wheel disc brakes and ABS.
    04 Thomas Freightliner
    02 EX V6
    03 EX V6
    03 MDX
    07 EX I4

thrs also the SE which is pretty pointless but it betweent he LX's and EX's>>>

Prior to the 5th gen, the SE was above the EX in the model lineup. During the 4th gen, the SE was available in 1991 and 1993 and was the top of the line Accord both years.

In 1993, the SE offered dual air bags... which wasn't offered on any other Accord until the redesign in 1994.

5th gen and later, the SE was only available at the end of the model year and was an LX dressed with factory add-on accesories and a moonroof.

Otherwise, the DX is the base model, LX is the mid-level and the EX is top shelf.
    2007 Honda Accord EX-L
    40,xxx miles.

1993 Honda Accord 10th Anniversary
    172,xxx miles.

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura