Thread: H22 swap in 99 accord?

H22 swap in 99 accord?

My gf has a 99 accord coupe and I've read alot about swaping an h22 into a 94-97, but can it be done into a 99 as well. Any info or points in the right direction are appreciated. Thanks.

from what i heard is that the swap is quite difficult. It can be done though.

I wouldn't do it couse i don't like the idea of having an engine older then my car.
    2001 Accord 4cyl 4door
    Mods:AEM short ram Short shifter 18in Konig wrapped with 225/40 Yokohama AVS100
    Eibach Sportline F2.0" R2.0" On Tokico Illumina
    Invida exhaust system, and TL-s rear sway/front upper strut

It's a bitch but it's doable. I'm looking at doing mine sometime next year.
    '04 Civic EX Coupe :::: Cusco, CCW, T1R, ASR, Wilwood, Hotchkis, etc.
    '92 Accord EX-L Sedan :::: JDM H22A AT->MT Swapped California Shelled Sleeper
    '76 Accord Hatchback ::: 70,174 miles, Restomod Project, H22A Swap Dreams

it bolts in except for the front (T-belt ) mount you have to get a mount or make one but the fun part is the ecu the accord is obd2 ver.2 and the h22 of usdm 97-01 is the older odb2 2 of the 3 plugs are the same but pinouts are wrong so either repin the harness or use adapter from obd2 ver2 -> ver1 also 97up usdm immobilizer is a type 1 so you need the immobilizer unit under the dash and matching keys for it to work most likely you will have to buy that new ($200) because it needs a red(learn key) and key that is programed into it in order for the immobilizer unit to accept new keys, this is for usdm H22a4 97up JDM ones usally lack OBD2 sensors and can be a nightmare because you have to replace the oil pump for the TDC,CKP sensors unless you don't have inspection then just go to odb1 and call it a day

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedSC2k1
    My gf has a 99 accord coupe and I've read alot about swaping an h22 into a 94-97, but can it be done into a 99 as well. Any info or points in the right direction are appreciated. Thanks.

The H22a4 is a perfect engine swap for the 6th gen Accord. It's out of the Prelude SH
    Here's a 6th gen Coupe with a H22a4 motor

What's that red button on your steering wheel....OOOHHHH MY GOD!!!!!!
    THE BLACKNIGHT
    Site for 6th Gen Accords

cool swap did you get the ATTS to work ?

Quote Originally Posted by stereo
    cool swap did you get the ATTS to work ?
    Unfortunately, that's not my car. I got that off another site.

I still have my current F23A4
    What's that red button on your steering wheel....OOOHHHH MY GOD!!!!!!
    THE BLACKNIGHT
    Site for 6th Gen Accords

I'd say go with a full out turbo system, get it tuned. depending on how crazy you want to get you should be able to get 200-300whp. notoriousB over on honduh is doing a full engine build for his turbo setup. All new internals, and all sorts of goodies. the one thing that is tricky with a turbo setup is a lot of things can go wrong if you don't know what you are doing. He has going thru a few engines and one of the reasons he found is a bearing in the turbo went and leaked oil into the conbustion chamber.

yes you will need custom mounts though and last i checked no one makes them. place racing said they were, they made some prototypes but i dont think they ever released them since the demand for them is minute compared to civic and integ mounts.
    ..::Check Out The Accord Forums::..

FS: 94 -97 Accord Parts, Starter, Axle, Stock Intake, F22 Auto Tranny Parts, Shift Knob, Autometer AF Guage and MORE...
    http://honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191781

Thats my dream swap, but it might be easier to find a clean TL or
    CL.
    1998 Accord LX: Sold
    2004 Civic VP
    2005 Element EX 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by scanrps
    Thats my dream swap, but it might be easier to find a clean TL or
    CL.
    easier, and it will cost about the same. and when I mean same I mean the cost of accord plus swap over the cost of a TL/CL.

you use the accord mounts on the H22 all will fit expect the drivers side one from what I heard

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura