Notices

dash lights gone

Old 03-09-2005, 12:19 PM
insanelylow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash lights gone

does anybody know how to get the dash lights to come back on. when I turn on the headlights all of the dash goes dark I've checked the fuses and the only thing I can think of is the dimmer relay need help Please
Old 03-09-2005, 02:42 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by insanelylow
does anybody know how to get the dash lights to come back on. when I turn on the headlights all of the dash goes dark I've checked the fuses and the only thing I can think of is the dimmer relay need help Please
the dash lights will also go out if your tail lights (both of them? i'm not sure) have gone out. this was, at least, a feature in my family's '88 legend. it's sort of a warning indicator to tell you to replace/fix the tail lights, cuz most people don't check to make sure their tail lights are working every time they start their car.

the problem with our legend was the dimmer switch - not the interior light dimmer, but the switch to turn the headlights on and off. this might not be your problem, but i hope it helps.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:59 PM
azianstylez

recheck the fuses, sumtimes they might not look like they're burn. This happened yestserday to me as i tried to install my headunit. The small light fuse in my engine bay fuse box
Old 03-11-2005, 02:01 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what year is your accord ?
Old 03-12-2005, 09:42 AM
MarcD

I have a '93 Accord and had what sounds like the same problem. If your tailights still work and it is just the dash lights (excluding the clock and radio) it is most likely your dimmer switch for the dash lights. If it is at least a '90-'93 (not positive for other years/models), you can remove the dimmer from the dash and disconnect it. Then ground out the red lead to ground. If the lights come on, it is your dimmer that is bad.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:06 AM
insanelylow

I have a 98 lx 4dr
Old 04-10-2005, 06:57 PM
PissedPanther

you sure your dimmer for your dash isn't down? try turning the knob in the gauge cluster, its one of the two knobs sticking out of it
Old 04-16-2005, 03:29 PM
insanelylow

tried that a million times but nothing, see what happend was my car got broken into and the bezel was trashed so I went to a salvage yard and got a new one but when I plugged up the the old hazard switch everything worked then I hooked up the new switch and the wirig harness was fliped the other way and i plugged it in and then everything went blac, but if i push the hazards on with out turnig on the headlights everything comes on. and body have a clie whats wrong??????
Old 05-03-2005, 12:44 AM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

replace the driver's side multiplexer unit in the driver's side fuse box if you pull the cover it's on the fuse side in the back they are known to fail, when they do your odometer light and clock lights will work when the parking lights are off as soon as you turn on your park/headlights they will black out ,also if the dimmer lead to the radio shorts out it will brun out the circut in the multiplexer unit