1999 EX VTECH oil burner

1999 EX VTECH oil burner

Hey all

Had the oil changed when I had the timing belt and w/p done. That has been about 1k miles ago and upon checking my oil yesterday I am prob about 3/4 quart low on oil already. Car only has 119k on it.
    The car has no leaks, motor, under the car is very clean. I have to assume this is a valve seal or rings or bear burn?????
    What is the common issue for oil burning in these cars.

well tracking the oil since lat top off and I am about a half court low in just under 500 miles. Oil mark is between the hashes.
    The other morning after sitting all night I was behind wife when she took off with it and it put out some smoke. That is the first time I have seen smoke. No visual leaks or the like. Have to assume I have a valve seat issues or rings? Any way I can slow this burn off short of valve job or worse?