Notices

95 Honda Accord OBD port and SRS module.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:03 PM
hondacar1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Honda Accord OBD port and SRS module.

Hello, I bought a 95 honda accord and there is no port behind the ashtray, just a hole for one. I looked around in there and there is no port or any evidence of one. The motor is the original one, should be OBD1. I saw a 96 at the junkyard that had the obd2 port there. Is the obd1 port the blue connector under the glovebox?

I am just curious cause I have never owned an obd1 car before.

Also the SRS light is on sometimes. When it was on the little blue connector says that the airbags are deployed, I'm guessing that the SRS module needs replaced. Then the other day the light refused to come on, not even for the bulb check. Today I accidentally hit a pothole and the light came back on.

I think that the car was wrecked by someone, then the airbags were replaced, but not the module. I'm still thinking that I need a new module. I was told that I need to match the exact part number from an unwrecked accord.
It is really deep in there and I don't want to remove the entire console just to see the part number. If I am going to remove it then I would like to have a replacement ready. Is there any way to see what the part number is without taking the whole center apart?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by hondacar1212; 02-23-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:29 AM
hondacar1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump, does anybody have any advice. I can't afford to take it to the dealer.