Notices

New Rotors

Old 08-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Dreemer
KOJ MOB PIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rotors

I got some crossed drilled rotors install, but the guy didn't install the two screw-in bolts for the front rotors. Is this safe since my oem rotors have it? He also mention that the two screws were in the wrong place. I really don't know much since I bought this car w/ a salvage title.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:56 PM
apexivtecaccord
ITZJDM

watch your rotors they might crack i had them and they cracked so i got slotted and i use ceramic pads not the POS aem pads
Old 08-24-2004, 09:59 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like the installer doesnt know much or care much about it. one thing u dont want is parts left at the end . "the two screws were in the wrong place"
Old 08-25-2004, 04:39 AM
jschmid

It's fine, the screws don't hold the rotor on the hub, it's the lugnuts that do that. The screws are only helpful in keeping the rotor stationary so it's easier to put the caliper back on. Some aftermarket rotors don't have holes or have malaligned holes. In fact lots of guys I know didn't replace the screws even when the holes do line up just because they can be a PIA to get out.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:55 AM
phoenixitc

You shouldn't have extra or lack of parts. Also, go slotted next time, like Brembos, and AEM pads are good pads!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:20 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

are powerstop rotors any good? i think they retail for around 100. might just go wit the blanks.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Dreemer
KOJ MOB PIM

My bad! I got slotted cross drilled rotors. I'm using axxis brake pads right now and my Motegi rims get really dusty from it. I found out that you need those screws for the rear rotors because they forgot to tighten it and the wheels were rotating unevenly. Never go to Midas again.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:20 PM
jschmid

Originally Posted by Dreemer
My bad! I got slotted cross drilled rotors. I'm using axxis brake pads right now and my Motegi rims get really dusty from it. I found out that you need those screws for the rear rotors because they forgot to tighten it and the wheels were rotating unevenly. Never go to Midas again.
What did they do? Not put it on straight? Cause if it's installed correctly and is the right application for your car, you DO NOT need the screws. Now if you get the rotor on there cockeyed somehow and then put the wheel on and got that cockeyed as well, then yeah, you got a problem. Why not DIY this time to make sure it gets done right. Invest in some tools and a HELMS manual.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Dreemer
KOJ MOB PIM

It's a pain to get the rotors off. Can't even get the big bolt to come off w/ two people. I didn't want to spend so much money on it and only have to use it a couple times. Also I couldn't get the two little screws to come out. That's why I took it to Midas.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:43 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

most screws will break free if you hit em with hammer and punch type tool. not the one that actually punches holes......