Notices

Does this work

Old 08-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Phat8186

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this work

I m looking at a h22a4 block does it matter if I got the block that was matted to a automatic car even if I was using it with my manual car
Old 08-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No the tranny swaps in seconds

Any F series tranny will mate up to it and any H series tranny will mate up to it also.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:59 AM
Phat8186

Originally Posted by Nightshade
No the tranny swaps in seconds

Any F series tranny will mate up to it and any H series tranny will mate up to it also.
You kinda lost me there nightshade. The reason I ask is I am about to purchase a H22a4 block off a guy that had a triptronic tranny since his car was atuomatic. My 5th gen accord is manual and I have a manual jdm tranny. I know any h or f series tranny mounts up, so it basically doesnt matter if the block came from a automatic car. is what i need to know thank you for your first response.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:03 AM
accordhybrid

The only thing you need to get are flywheel bolts and put a flywheel on the motor and hook everything else up and you are good to go
Old 08-20-2004, 09:13 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Guess I wasn't clear enough.

Basically you swap the tranny and the engine is the same...the engine from an auto is no different than the engine from a manual based vehicle.....it is only the tranny that is different.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Originally Posted by accordhybrid
The only thing you need to get are flywheel bolts and put a flywheel on the motor and hook everything else up and you are good to go
Every car has a flywheel....how do you think they start up? Gotta have a flywheel for the starter gear to engage the motor
Old 08-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Phat8186

Well I have called a couple of Honda dealers and spoke to a tech personnel and they are telling me that it won’t work. But you guys are telling me that it will.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:23 AM
accordhybrid

I thought that auto tranny's had TQ converter's not flywheel's? Cause my friend bought a B18 that was out of an auto and had to replace the tq converter with a flywheel and flywheel bolts
Old 08-20-2004, 09:25 AM
accordhybrid

It will Honda techs are just that tech's of honda they know how a civic go's together the right way we as honda junkies know what works first hand trust me Nightshade has a 13's N/A accord he knows what he is talking about. I put an SH block in my accord that's no easy task I think we have a pretty good idea of what works. Shit honda told me that the H22 wouldn't fit in my accord either guess the people on the board were right
Old 08-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Originally Posted by accordhybrid
It will Honda techs are just that tech's of honda they know how a civic go's together the right way we as honda junkies know what works first hand trust me Nightshade has a 13's N/A accord he knows what he is talking about. I put an SH block in my accord that's no easy task I think we have a pretty good idea of what works. Shit honda told me that the H22 wouldn't fit in my accord either guess the people on the board were right
:chuckles:

I had a Honda factory tech tell me that Accords and Preludes were completely different and that they won't mix. I showed him the SiR and Type R Accord which uses many parts also used on the Prelude and he just looked at me all stupid like and tried to say it was a different subframe on those Accords.