Notices

installing a keyless entry system.

Old 08-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Bruce_Willis
Do it Now!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing a keyless entry system.

I came across this device that supposedly works for all cars with power locks. I comes with a whole wiring system.... but I'm thinking isn't there a remote system already in the car and I could just get a new remote set to it?

Know what I'm sayin!?
Old 08-11-2004, 01:32 PM
bodiez

Remote System already? why would there be? All the locks are wired together, not locked/unlocked by remote signlas from the switch in your car. Newer accords have remote entry but since you want one im assuming you dont have one
Old 08-11-2004, 10:45 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL

i would just save some money and get some good alarm with every feature u can think off.
yes u can get the control for some accords and programm the control and it should work. watchout sometime if u configure the control wrong the locks start going nuts open closing for no reason lol
Old 08-12-2004, 07:19 PM
mizturyous
Terd Furgeson

Any keyless entry on the market will work for you. If your car originally had keyless entry, and you just do not have the remotes then you can go to the dealership and order some. They will need to be programmed to your system though. This can get expensive throught t Honda so I would just get an aftermarket one. 99-129.00 installed is about par for them.