Notices

opinions wanted...stock EX bridgestone tires

Old 08-10-2004, 11:06 AM
dazco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions wanted...stock EX bridgestone tires

I noticed my new 04 EXL isn't as quiet due to road noise as i'd hoped. Compared to my 2001 civic it's almost as loud. (engine noise is lower tho)
Then i investigated the Turanza (sp?) tires and read some bad reviews on them which cited very high road noise among other things. Now i'm thinking of new tires, but i hate taking the loss on these new tires with 300 miles on them.

So i'm asking what those of you who have newer accords with these stock Bridgestone turanzas think of them. Do you think the road noise is mainly due to these tires?
Old 08-10-2004, 11:14 AM
jason2713

Originally Posted by dazco
I noticed my new 04 EXL isn't as quiet due to road noise as i'd hoped. Compared to my 2001 civic it's almost as loud. (engine noise is lower tho)
Then i investigated the Turanza (sp?) tires and read some bad reviews on them which cited very high road noise among other things. Now i'm thinking of new tires, but i hate taking the loss on these new tires with 300 miles on them.

So i'm asking what those of you who have newer accords with these stock Bridgestone turanzas think of them. Do you think the road noise is mainly due to these tires?
well I just bought rims with NITTO tires to replace the ones on my 2003 accord ex...I dont really tel the difference, but it also might be because of my LOUD ASS STEREO SYSTEM! haha..

no seriously, 300 miles on the stock tires that's insane to get rid of them. Is it really that noticable? Road noise also can happen because of the road conditions, not necessarily the tires. Maybe the roads you commute on are not the greatest? I notice some parts of my highways are more bouncy and thought maybe because it was making my steering wheel jump I had a crack in my rim, or the balancing was out, or the alignment was out. But it only happened in certain spots and found it to be just the road condition. I dunno what else to tell you...cuz the stock tires have a thick side wall and should be able to at least dampen the worst roads.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:25 AM
dazco

Originally Posted by jason2713
well I just bought rims with NITTO tires to replace the ones on my 2003 accord ex...I dont really tel the difference, but it also might be because of my LOUD ASS STEREO SYSTEM! haha..

no seriously, 300 miles on the stock tires that's insane to get rid of them. Is it really that noticable? Road noise also can happen because of the road conditions, not necessarily the tires. Maybe the roads you commute on are not the greatest? I notice some parts of my highways are more bouncy and thought maybe because it was making my steering wheel jump I had a crack in my rim, or the balancing was out, or the alignment was out. But it only happened in certain spots and found it to be just the road condition. I dunno what else to tell you...cuz the stock tires have a thick side wall and should be able to at least dampen the worst roads.
All things being equal, as i said it's not really much if at all better than my civic. The roads i drive vary from one extreme to the other. But what really hit home was that more than one person said that the tires tend to get much louder as soon as you hit a section where the road isn't quite as good. Thats exactly what i notice. I don't mean going from smooth to a very bad section. It could be going from a section of road thats 20% worse, yet the tires will get 75% louder. In other words, the slightest loss of smoothness in the road equates to a huge jump in road noise. Far more so than i noticed in my civic.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:55 AM
flyromeo3

Didn't you take the car on a test drive first?
Usually things like that show on test drives.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:22 PM
dazco

Yea, but i love the car as is ! I'm not a bit sorry i bought it. I'm just saying if the tires are whats causing the noise i'd like to know so i can decide if i want to get better tires. No car is perfect and i would love a quieter ride no matter how much i love the car as is.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:35 PM
jason2713

Originally Posted by dazco
All things being equal, as i said it's not really much if at all better than my civic. The roads i drive vary from one extreme to the other. But what really hit home was that more than one person said that the tires tend to get much louder as soon as you hit a section where the road isn't quite as good. Thats exactly what i notice. I don't mean going from smooth to a very bad section. It could be going from a section of road thats 20% worse, yet the tires will get 75% louder. In other words, the slightest loss of smoothness in the road equates to a huge jump in road noise. Far more so than i noticed in my civic.
ask the dealer what the deal is, maybe the tires suck and you just have to invest in a new set....i guess ive never come across your problem...

ask the dealer or someone that sells tires I would say is the first step
Old 08-10-2004, 01:58 PM
flyromeo3

What sucks about tires is that on one car they could be perfectly quiet.
On the other car the are loud as hell.

I bought a set of Falken Ziex 512 tires ( 205-60-15 ) on my stock rims.
They do have a bit of road noise though. Im used to it already.
My friend got the same tires on his car (00 si ) and he has no road noise.

I liked the michelins that came with my02 accord ( factory ) very good tires.
Didnt like the rain much. Once I bought these Falkens.
Even in the rain it feels like dry weather.