Notices

tein coilover SS vs SS-P WHAT SHOULD I GET??

Old 08-10-2004, 05:26 AM
jason2713

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tein coilover SS vs SS-P WHAT SHOULD I GET??

hey guys

dont know what I should do, I've been told coilovers are over rated and if you don't race dont get them. I have the basic tein coilovers now and they have been nothing but trouble. They squeek nonstop and you can hear me from a block away(they are loud), not to mention the ride is ROUGH!

Someone then told me that the SS tein would allow me to adjust the stiffness in the suspension, is the ride that much better?

I am about to say F it and get the stock put back in, but I'd like to be able to drop my car a little as I am putting on 19" rims next week (or whenever UPS comes with the dang things! they are so f'ing slow!)

So what do you guys think? any suggestions are good, I like the basic feel as far as being able to corner liek crazy, im able to go around ramps fast as hell...but the rough ride sucks and the squeeking sucks....its been 2 weeks and 800 miles later, still no sign of improvement onthe squeeking...

am I going to expect the SS to do this as well, and also, should I get the
SS-P or the SS....is the pillow ball mount worth the money?

Jason
Old 08-10-2004, 05:46 AM
bigpsycho
DIESLOW ENT..

check out this thread: https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=150698
Old 08-10-2004, 05:48 AM
jason2713

Originally Posted by bigpsycho
yeah read that, but not sure if the stupid squeeking is goign to go away, I dont wanna spend $1100 on a suspension that makes a ton of noise

thanks for teh input
Old 08-10-2004, 08:28 AM
jschmid

Since you are concerned with a "rough ride" than don't get the SS-P, they will be more firm than the regular SS with the stock topmount and bushing. Coilovers in general will produce more noise, etc just because there is more moving parts. If you want to try something different, you could try something like Eibach prokits with some performance shocks. Might be a bit more "stock-like" in ride quality.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:52 PM
ll kaidoy ll

Has Tein even came out with the SS-P for the 98-02 Accords yet?