Notices

Speaker installation 03 ex

Old 08-05-2004, 07:37 PM
sinister1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker installation 03 ex

Although I dont mind the stock system in my car the time has come to upgrade. I know that there are 6x9's on the deck, 6.5s in the door, and a tweeter. I just have a few questions before i buy anything. First, I was wondering if i could use components in the front? Second, how hard is it to access the areas to install the speakers. I just hate to tear apart my car. Lastly, I did a search a nd read that putting after market speakers in the doors is a bit tricky as far as fit. Anyone else had this problem. If i can use components im planning on using Diamond audio 6.5's but I might just go cheaper and put Kappas everywhere. I havent decided on an amp yet.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:13 AM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Install is easy for all of the speakers. Door panels only take 5 minutes to take off and put back on because they are just screws and snaps that hold them in place. The rear deck doesnt even have to come out because you just have to unscrew the nut and bolts from inside the trunk to loosen the speakers out. Just get the same size speakers as the stock ones, and you should have an extremely easy project.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:59 AM
sinister1

Thanks. With my older cars i never had a problem installing speakers. Most of the time it just looks really bad when you have the entire dash off and the back seat and there both sitting in your driveway. I was still wondering about the components though?