Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein Flex Coilovers w/ Camber Plates

anybody ever use those coilovers?
Old 08-05-2004, 12:58 PM
EP3Gurl

Originally Posted by bigpsycho
anybody ever use those coilovers?
We have the TEIN Flex installed in EVO8 here at the shop (in your neighborhood too!).. the leveled handling around corners is awesome. If you're planning to use your car for autocross.. I'd highly recommend it. However, if you use the car for daily driving (especially around the city) but want the coilover capability.. I would say go with TEIN SuperStreet. The SS will have a lightly softer spring rate as compared to FLEX, but 16 way adjustible dampening... just like FLEX.

Ange
Old 08-05-2004, 09:33 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup got mine on soft cause the city here is gay.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:00 AM
bigpsycho
DIESLOW ENT..

where is your shop? and how much do the ss go for($)
Old 08-08-2004, 05:44 PM
jason2713

I am thinking about getting the SS cuz i live in the city also, do they ride rough, cuz i have the basic teins on now and its a ROUGH ROUGH RIDE!

I dont like the basic tein they make way too much noise for my tastes and the ride blows...but the cornering is awesome.

Jason
Old 08-09-2004, 08:41 AM
EP3Gurl

Jason-
At the softest setting, the TEIN SS ride is very comfortable (as compared to other coilover kits like JIC). TEIN Basic isn't adjustible when it comes to dampening, so you're stuck with one setting. I haven't heard any noise from the TEIN SS coilover we've installed thusfar. We've installed TEIN SS coilovers on RSX, Lexus IS and GS, Celica, Nissan 240sx (s13s and s14s), Maxima and a handfull of Civics.

bigpsycho: My shop is on 18th Ave in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn (NY)
TEIN SS with Pillowball mount is $1410 + shipping (MSRP). We charge $1400 INSTALLED. TEIN SS w/o the pillowball mount is $1250 + shipping (MSRP). We charge $1250 INSTALLED.

AnGe
Old 08-09-2004, 09:38 AM
jason2713

Originally Posted by EP3Gurl
Jason-
At the softest setting, the TEIN SS ride is very comfortable (as compared to other coilover kits like JIC). TEIN Basic isn't adjustible when it comes to dampening, so you're stuck with one setting. I haven't heard any noise from the TEIN SS coilover we've installed thusfar. We've installed TEIN SS coilovers on RSX, Lexus IS and GS, Celica, Nissan 240sx (s13s and s14s), Maxima and a handfull of Civics.
wow I wish you were around in maryland, I live in baltimore. The shop I go to is going to charge me $400 to install the tein SS... is the pillow ball mount worth the extra money? I might even drive up to you guys and have you all install them if I can....you are only a 5-6 hour drive from me (i think).

I also have looked online for vendors and I have an offer of $880 shipped for the SS and $1120 shipped for the SS-P

I know the pillow ball mount does something to the camber, but i have NO CLUE what that means, can anyone explain this to a total car idiot?
Old 08-09-2004, 09:48 AM
jason2713

My shop is on 18th Ave in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn (NY)
TEIN SS with Pillowball mount is $1410 + shipping (MSRP). We charge $1400 INSTALLED. TEIN SS w/o the pillowball mount is $1250 + shipping (MSRP). We charge $1250 INSTALLED.

AnGe

hey man, either leave your number to your shop or give me a call (email me for my number) my email is lethal2089@hotmail.com I'd like to get the SS or the SS-P whichever you think is better, the price is basically the same and if I can get it at that price installed, that would be great if you have them in stock that's even better, but if you have to order them, lemme know how fast you can get em...i can be up in NY in half a day.
Jason