Notices

tein noise

Old 07-29-2004, 12:30 PM
03whiteaccord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tein noise

i just got my tein ss-p on today, and on the way home, everytime i would hit a bump or pothole, there would be a loud thud from the back right. when i got home i gave a the back right side a push and i just like clicking noise.
what do u guys think it is?
Old 07-30-2004, 04:56 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got tein ss. what tein u have? i experience noise the first days.i gave them a week or two and doing what the manual said about settings and nothing but wow very impress.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:01 PM
03whiteaccord

i have the the ss-p, its been like a week. im still getting the noise. and also when i press down on the car there is a squeaky noise. gotta go show it the shop where i got them put on tomm.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:24 AM
bigpsycho
DIESLOW ENT..

anybody have these coilovers on thier car? (Tein Flex Coilovers w/ Camber Plates)
Old 08-05-2004, 01:35 PM
AngryNerdRock
this space for rent

what's the p stand for? and i'm not sure, but try adjusting the damper
Old 08-05-2004, 09:31 PM
strykernyc

yeah whats the p for? mm they not supposed to b making noise or anything, should b perfect unless they crap but they are not. if u look at the manual there is a especific way n order things are supposed to go, posibly the place where u install them did it wrong, one little thing makes a diff. i install mines myself just to be done righ. yeah do what angry said, adjusted then ride it like that for a week. also make sure every side is the same heigh and is tight good.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:49 PM
jason2713

i have a 2003 accord coupe and am thinking of getting the tein ss-p or the ss, I have the basics and the whole car squeeks like nuts, you hear me coming from ablock away and its embarrassing. Its been almost 700 miles and a week and a half, no improvement. I've had the installation checked 2 times by two different shops and they are on correctly.

Am I supposed to expect the new tein SS to do the same thing? and what does the P do..i know it means pillow ball mount, but have no clue what that does for me.
Jason
Old 08-08-2004, 08:57 PM
strykernyc

i have tein ss for couple of months and i can tell u i regret not getting them sooner. no noise at all and the ride, well basically you choose how u want ur car to feel and the high with zero problem. the first day i install my ss i drove none stop for 5 hrs, after i got to local roads they started to make very low noise, not a bad noise not squeek noise. but it dont matter since u supposed to give it a week so they can be good. well the noise last a few mins that day and after a week they were good to mess with so now i set them soft n the city stiff n the highway. the ride is wayyy better than stock, the cool part is i feel like i am driving with stock shocks because i dont have to slow down n this horrible streets but i am low cool . go with ss, is the best thing i ever done to my car. i have no idea whats the ss-p for. i am having so much fun with them. when i set the back real hard and front soft and i take a turn at 40+mphs all u can hear is the front wheel and it feels good great handling, if i have both set hard i can take any turn pretty quick without so much body movement. i finally got pics now i need to get them on my pc and upload them. i wish i had a 04 coupe with ss and lower good, ur car looks so damn h0t lower and with nice wheels. i can lower my car to the floor but heh dont want that here.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:53 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

are you using stock tires...?
Old 08-08-2004, 10:38 PM
strykernyc

if u asking me no, i am using 215 45 17" oh k