Notices

front camber kit LOUD CLICKING NOISE

Old 07-28-2004, 05:58 PM
knight akkord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front camber kit LOUD CLICKING NOISE

I got a front camber kit from Ebay, and It was fine when i first put it on, then after I took it to NTB for the alignment, it has a very loud clicking noise when i brake and drive. it is very annoying and loud. i loosened the bolt that holds the control arm in the camber kit and the noise lessened. my question is, do i need to grease it or something? anyone else had this problem before??? Thanks!
Old 07-28-2004, 07:12 PM
IamNemo
You know me...

same problem here...anyone?
Old 07-28-2004, 08:25 PM
CD7junky

Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGXs....my front driver side is doing that. I believe my strut is blown to shit.

Even the local Honda shop could not figure out what the problem is.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:30 PM
knight akkord

well like i said, i loosened the two bolts holding the "Y" shaped control upper control arms into the camber kit and it made less noise, i'm guessing that i have to lube up the bolts....is that true?
Old 07-29-2004, 06:59 AM
IamNemo
You know me...

Originally Posted by CD7junky
Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGXs....my front driver side is doing that. I believe my strut is blown to shit.

Even the local Honda shop could not figure out what the problem is.
I kinda doubt the strut is blown. I'm getting the same sound and I just put all of my shite on like...3 weeks ago. Everything's brand new!
Old 07-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Illicit Accord

sounds like the same thing that happened to me. the camber kit control arms arn't as fat as the stock ones, so when you put them in and start driving, the UCA will move back and forth about 1/4 of an inch. what you need to do is take out the camber kit and put bushings around them on either side to make it so they don't move around. i used washers and grease. just make sure it's tight enough, not too tight. you should be fine. if anyones got more questions lemme know or pm me or something
Old 07-29-2004, 10:35 AM
IamNemo
You know me...

Originally Posted by Illicit Accord
sounds like the same thing that happened to me. the camber kit control arms arn't as fat as the stock ones, so when you put them in and start driving, the UCA will move back and forth about 1/4 of an inch. what you need to do is take out the camber kit and put bushings around them on either side to make it so they don't move around. i used washers and grease. just make sure it's tight enough, not too tight. you should be fine. if anyones got more questions lemme know or pm me or something
Thanks for the insight! :thumbup: I'm taking my car back down to the shop today. I'll ask them if that ould be a possibility!
Old 07-29-2004, 03:20 PM
IamNemo
You know me...

Well, that kit's on there pretty damn tight. The guy at the shop said that his best guess is that it's the bushing in there. He said I should go get some silicone lubricant and throw it on there...we shall see what happens tomorrow when I DO that!