Notices

2014 Accord Sport alignment problems - stock equipement

Old 04-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Spyfunkr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Accord Sport alignment problems - stock equipement

Hey guys. Been a while since Ive posted on here, dont really modify much anymore. So, here goes...

I bought a 2014 Accord Sport with 58 miles on it. From the next day, I noted it didnt drive straight and favored pulling left. I took it to Honda 4 times, and they pretty much wasted my time. 1st time they said the steering wheel wasnt straight, and i was aiming it to compensate (seriously???). 2nd time they said they fixed the toe, but had no printout because their printer was broken. 3rd time they said they would take it across the street to their toyota shop to align it. 4th time they said they figured out there was a setting they missed that is only on the sport version. Then i took it to the shop where i get my corvette services. for $75, they found the toe was .38 off in the front and .34 in the rear, with a tolerance of .03. Now its much better, does less wandering, but still pulls left.

My corvette mech said that it seemed to pull on braking to the left, which may point to a brake issue. While i was driving yesterday, i verified that it does pull left on braking. Then i thought, i wonder what happens if it pulls while coasting. so, when driving on flat surface, i shifted to neutral and the car seemed to adjust to straight. what could this be? transmission issue? is there a way to measure torque on each side on a dynomometer?

Thoughts?

Thanks!