Notices

02 Accord with Popping noise in Front suspension

Old 11-18-2014, 03:56 AM
rivo01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Accord with Popping noise in Front suspension

Hello: In the last 6 months my 02 4 cyl. accord has developed a popping noise. It started out only noticeable when I came up in my driveway, or changed elevations similar. At times it sounds like its coming from left front by wheel and at times like its coming from center of frame under engine. I have taken it to a Honda shop to have it looked at when I had the timing belt changed. Also took it to a reputable suspension shop. The Honda shop replaced a stabilizer bar unrelated and charged $150 for doing so, no surprise there, and the suspension shop said they could hear it but couldn't tell where it was originating from. It may or may not be a safety issue, but I just recently gave the car to my son and his family and was wondering if anyone had any ideas what to look at. The Honda shop said it wasn't a CV joint as I asked that. My son says it also does it when he decelerates to a stop and then when he takes off too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:29 PM
ChrisS

What kind of bushings does the stabilizer bar go through?

If they're Polyurethane, you should put a little silicone grease on the inside of the bushings to keep the stabilizer bar quiet.
The same thing could be occurring with rubber bushings.

Also, look at all the engine and transmission mounts for wear.

take care,
ChrisS
Old 11-19-2014, 12:07 PM
rivo01

Chris, I will look at that when he's here next week. Thanks for the suggestions.
Have a good one!
RickV