Need help with weak windshield washer sprayers

Need help with weak windshield washer sprayers

Hello,

I have a 2007 Accord. Earlier this year one of the sprayers looked to be plugged. It did not spray. Only blubbered fluid out. I replaced the nozzle with a new OEM one and thought I was OK. Then the other nozzle appeared weak, so I replaced it. One of them still seemed weak, but was usable. Now I have little or nothing coming out. I just bought a new pump motor (not OEM) and replaced it. No change. I put the OEM pump back on. Same thing again.

This is a simple system. I cannot understand why it is not working. Can someone offer some insight?

Fill the spray reservoir with water.
    Disconnect the tubes from the spray nozzles.
    Run the sprayer to flush out the gunk that's clogging the nozzles. (repeat if necessary)
    Use compressed air to clear the nozzles (blow from the outlet side)
    Reconnect tubes to nozzles.
    See if that cleared the blockage.

Take Care,
    ChrisS

Just a guess here but, it may help someone else. I've not looked at an 07 so this might not apply (90-93). The fluid get to the hood through and "accordioned" rubber tube on the driver's side hood hinge. it is possible that it has "kinked" right there. Try squirting the windshield with the hood open (accordion stretched out). I had to re-route mine in order to make it work (only after i replaced motors, pumps, and nozzles..
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by daanno View Post
    Just a guess here but, it may help someone else. I've not looked at an 07 so this might not apply (90-93). The fluid get to the hood through and "accordioned" rubber tube on the driver's side hood hinge. it is possible that it has "kinked" right there. Try squirting the windshield with the hood open (accordion stretched out). I had to re-route mine in order to make it work (only after i replaced motors, pumps, and nozzles..
    good luck
    I am sorry I never replied with my final resolution. It turned out there was nothing wrong with my pump. I purchased one new nozzle and it worked great, but clogged again. Then I simply took a piece of wire or maybe a tiny drill bit and cleaned it out. it has been great ever since.