Notices

ECU Help

Old 03-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Foxi D'elegance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Help

Hi I'm new on the forum and have a very serious problem with my '99 Honda Accord LX I hope to get help with. Okay so first off It has a F23A Vtec engine with an Auto transmission. I know that the anti theft system is screwed on it it was going out when I bought it. The Original Computer says (PT) 37820-PAA-L61 (next line: 1002-578940) In an attempt to bypass the security I bought a JDM Ecu for my model car because the computer is made for the car and doesn't have the systems circut in it. The JDM Computer is made for 99 Honda accord Auto transmission,F23A vtec engine, it says (M1) 37820-PEA-900 (next line: 1080-103122) The car still didn't start and transmission wont shift. I need any help you can give me our family car is giving out and we just bought this to replace it and it is not usable at the moment. I do have a Chilton manual and various info from the internet but I need more help as this is my first Honda. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: More info.

So when I bought the car It was cutting off randomly and I had to put it in neutral to start it if it would let me. (Yes there was a problem with the ign switch) So i put a flip switch on the ign-ON to where I could turn it on and then start it with the key in the cylinder. It worked but then I wanted to get rid of the security system because the module that reads the key is going out and I don't want to go through the and money on something that will break again or if i need a new key pay an arm and a leg.

1. What happened to the original computer:
The key reader module was going out because it would take several different trys to get the key to read to make the damn green security key to go off.

I found the signal wires that come from the ign key module which were a white with yellow stripe & a yellow with black stripe. I found that if you put a toggle switch on these and flip it a few times really quick you can use a key without a chip no problem like it sends the code. Well that was fine and dandy but i tripped over these not yet taped wires and they touched the column and sparked. Then there was no dice. No green light, no start, and you can turn the ign on but no shifting even when foot on the brake. This is when I looked all over the car for a fuse and couldn't find one that was blown. I said well **** and assumed that the security system was now goodbye. I tried removing the Immo chip from the ecu to see if it would work. No dice. Then I read about JDM ecus and ordered the one listed above. Same thing as before except the JDM ecu doesn't have an immo chip in it. (I checked) To be extremely specific: Ign turns on, lights on dash come on, engine turns over but doesnt start, I can smell fuel unlike with the old ecu after my mistakes.

Last edited by Foxi D'elegance; 03-28-2014 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Not much info. Previously