Notices

TCU Trouble

Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Cory G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCU Trouble

My girlfriend has a 92 accord SW and has been having shifting issues since she got the car. Upon googling everything I can think of the most notorious problem is resistors burning up and capacitors leaking in the TCU. Although I found a forum where a guy discovered it was actually caused by a coolant leak onto the plug for the shift solenoid, corroding the contacts which he said changed the resistance and fried the resistors. I checked the plug and what do you know? There is coolant all over it from the hose above. My question is, would the corroded contacts be enough of an issue to fry components? I haven't been able to find replacements for the male/female plugs so would the problem just repeat if I replace the TCU before the plugs? I fixed the leak, just had to adjust the clamp and hose. The TCU is OKI, which I've heard have shoddy components,would the japanese manufactured TCU handle the difference from the corroded plug?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Cory G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently looking for a replacement tcu, my part number is 28100-PXO-A21 would I be able to use one with the same numbers except it ends in A32?