Notices

Car Lift Question

Old 11-14-2011, 12:22 PM
delsolguyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Lift Question

My floor jack won’t get high enough to lift my wife’s Honda.
I was going to use a block of wood but then I found these jack extenders in a google search.

Looks like a great idea. Anybody tried these?
http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/cham...s-p-11539.aspx
Old 11-16-2011, 10:48 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never used them, but I have used a block of wood with a degree of success. I would definitely measure your jack to make sure they're the right size before ordering. Also make sure the extension is not so big that you can't get it under the jack point when the car is on the ground.

With hondas, I've had more trouble finding a floor jack that would go LOW enough to get under the jack point, rather than finding one that would go high enough.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a company I saw in Grassroots Motorsports that in ingenious. Incorporates the jack and the jackstand into one unit since how do you put a jackstand under a jack point when your jack is holding your car up by it.
I have two jacks personally. My low profile Harbor Freight jack which gets my car up to about 17". Put the car on jack stands then put my Craftsman jack which goes up to 24".